Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters FC8000-75 only cuts upto 545mm on 610mm roll

• FC8000-75 only cuts upto 545mm on 610mm roll

Posted by Daniel Crank on October 5, 2010 at 12:42 am

My new fc8000-75 cutter will only cut to 545mm width on 610mm vinyl roll.

When the cutter self checks the media width it comes up with cutting area 545mm, i really need to cut upto 595mm on these rolls….

I managed to expand it 10mm but there must be a way to let it cut almost edge to edge.

Please help asap.

Thanks
    Dan

Gordon Forbes replied 13 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Peter Normington

October 5, 2010 at 7:27 am

Daniel
    is the fc 75 not able to cut up to 750mm.?
    Anyway you need to set the pinch rollers to the outside edge of the roll, it is the rollers that determine the media size, not the media itself. You should be able to cut at 585-90 without a problem, but you can "expand" the cutting width in the menu, so that the blade cuts into the footprint of the rollers, but you need to be sure the media is loaded correctly, and running absolutely parallel or you will cut over the edge of the media.

Peter

• Chris Wool

October 5, 2010 at 8:20 am

must admit my fc7000 does not track well if the rollers are out to far normally have a 585mm window, you can cheat it a bit by using the 3rd roller (if you have one) put the two outer ones as far out as possible and the mid one at low pressure.

• Daniel Crank

October 5, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Thankyou very much to you both, i have it reading 601mm cutting width after media check now, was starting to worry as most of the files i produce are upto 595mm.

Thankyou Again.

Dan

• Gordon Forbes

October 5, 2010 at 10:15 pm

At that width you will be lucky if it tracks true for any great distance. Slowing down the cutting and feed speed would be advisable.
    And your vinyl will need to have good thick backing paper which some don’t have nowadays. I usually go for around 570 causes a lot less grief.