• FC8000-75 CUTTING BADLY

Posted by Daniel Crank on August 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Hi All
    My FC8000 has started to cut badly, it wont cut at a certain depth, i can set it to cut a right depth but soon starts cutting lighter/not cutting all way through vinyl, it hits and misses.

Even worse it cuts small letters wobbly, there not perfectly formed, please help as i cut hundreds of small stickers a week and this is making weeding a nightmare….

Are these cutters servicable and who does it mobile ??? Im South of Doncaster…

Thanks
    Dan

Daniel Crank replied 12 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Daniel Crank

August 30, 2011 at 10:35 pm

One thing i forgot to mention is that it doesnt finish each letter off perfectly, it leaves a little tag of vinyl so weeding is a nightmare….

Thanks again

• Kevin Flowers

August 30, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Hi
    sounds like the blade holder or cutting strip is at fault, cutting strip is simple inspection any grooves etc then replace. Blade holder sometimes you can feel the blade is notchy sometimes you can’t you just have to replace the holder or use something like a smart knife from Edward Mathias

Kev

• Daniel Crank

August 31, 2011 at 10:15 am

Hi
    Anymore ideas, its a new blade and the cutting strip is fine…
    this never came slower it went from cutting great to cutting badly overnight ????

Is there any service engineers out there??
    Thanks

• Martin Pearson

August 31, 2011 at 11:02 am

Are you sure you haven’t chipped the tip of the blade, you probably wouldn’t even notice that you have done it and it is quite possible that you won’t be able to see any damage by eye.
    Try putting another blade in and trying again, even an old blade will do just to test.

Have you checked the holder as Kevin has suggested.

Can’t help with an engineer sorry, best bet would be to contact Graphtec

• Daniel Crank

August 31, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Hi
    I think i have found the problem, but need to know how to fix it.
    The whole cutting head wobbles from the bottom, like the the rollers holding it to the track arnt tight, is there a way to tighten the wheels/rollers ??
    No wonder the letters it cuts are not perfect…

I can upload a vid if no one knows what i mean.

Thanks

• David Hammond

August 31, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I’ve got an fc-8000 130- I had the same problem and it was the cutting strip.

Have you checked the blade holder is nice and tight?

My cutting strip had a grove about 2inches in length so the bad cutting was confined to that area of vinyl? Does your bad cutting occur across the whole vinyl?

• Daniel Crank

August 31, 2011 at 6:58 pm

please read my last post mate, my cutter head/carridge has loads of play in it, its loose on the rail.
    Im looking for info on tightening this up, any info appreciated.
    Thanks

• David Hammond

August 31, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I did read your last post- but from what you have said it would point to what me and other have suggested.

If it is the carriage then it certainly sounds like an engineer- don’t know of any as I’ve not needed one.

Good luck

• Daniel Crank

August 31, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Its definatly the loose head david as it also starts and finishes cutting a letter in a different place 🙁

Thanks anyways

• Gary Birch

August 31, 2011 at 8:02 pm

You could try Andy at admservices.eu He fixed one of our plotters so worth a try. He is based in derby

Cheers

Gary

• David Hammond

August 31, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Not got the foggiest. I don’t know the shape of the rail but cannot imagine the carriage coming off that, not can I see the bearings being shot so suddenly.

Are you using the right condition/user?

I can’t see it being something mechanical so suddenly. But I know nothing about them.

• David Hammond

August 31, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Not got the foggiest. I don’t know the shape of the rail but cannot imagine the carriage coming off that, not can I see the bearings being shot so suddenly.

Are you using the right condition/user?

I can’t see it being something mechanical so suddenly. But I know nothing about them.

• Daniel Crank

September 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Sorted it, it was the head being loose, i took top of cutter off, released 4 screws and then tightened them back up, this took the looseness from the head.
    Thanks