Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters FC 2100 -60A x, y, ?? position alarm

• FC 2100 -60A x, y, ?? position alarm

Posted by Andy Lamb on July 27, 2010 at 7:17 am

Morning all,

I have resently aquired a Graphtec plotter. Its an old one, but im assured is a good one (well was). The story is…..
    It worked fine for a few years, then was put in storage for a 9-10 months. Now when turned on. All it does is Ram check then the blade moves very slightly, and the display reads "x position alarm. turn off then on." Now this can read x, y or ?? it seems random. i have tried all it can think of. all pich rollers are in correct position, iv have turned it on empty and loaded with vinyl. I have opened it up and checked for any dry joints. All the boards have been cleaned, as have all the connections.

Unfortunatly i do not have a manual for it, and have had no look searching for one. So can any one offer any help?

If i cant get it fixed at a reasonable cost, it will be appearing on an ebay listing very soon.

Andy

Andy Lamb replied 13 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Peter Normington

July 27, 2010 at 9:26 am

Andy, does the carriage move freely when the machine is switched off?
    It sounds like something has seized up during the storage, or maybe something is jamming either the rollers or the carriage mechanism

Peter

• Andy Lamb

July 27, 2010 at 9:32 am

hi, thanks for the response

Yes, when powered off. the carriage can be freely moved will little force. The carriage does judder? when turned on, and the rollers do move very slightly, as you would expect when powered up. But the carriage does not sweep up and down to check position as it should when turned on.

Andy