• Harry Cleary

June 10, 2012 at 10:30 pm

On another day, I’d be giving out about the penalty that wasn’t and the foul that led to the second goal but we just didn’t turn up today…a normally solid defense panicked all day……gutted.
    Thought we’d have a least gotten a point out of it.

Spain and Italy look out….the Irish have their backs against the wall! 😀 😀

• Gary Birch

June 11, 2012 at 10:12 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

Spain and Italy look out….the Irish have their backs against the wall! 😀 😀

I would never write them off at this stage.

I think that the big occasion had a massive effect on a lot of the irish players. With different decisions on a different day it could have been a totally different story

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 10:30 am

Huge ask Gary…world champs and Italy to beat or draw with? Can’t see it happening.

What about today? You guys gonna humiliate the French? I think Hodgson could be the man England needs.

• Gary Birch

June 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

I personally can’t see it either Harry but where there is a will and all that.

With regards to today, I can’t see that either, I can’t remember having so little hype before any tournament. That may help relieve the pressure and we may get a surprise. That said if they do win tonight the press will soon change that.

Fingers crossed here 😉

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 10:50 am
    quote Gary Birch:

I can’t remember having so little hype before any tournament.

That’s why I am giving England a chance. The effects of pressure are immense. I predict a 2-0 win for you guys.

Roy is so calm, I think he is responsible for the level headed approach and de-hypeing the situation by talking honestly, his no nonsense answers to questions about Ferdinand being a case in point…a manager doing his job on all fronts!

• Gary Birch

June 11, 2012 at 11:08 am

Any win would be acceptable by most. I just hope they don’t bottle it.

• Martin Cole

June 11, 2012 at 11:15 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

I predict a 2-0 win for you guys.

I’d take that Harry…alas I think a draw would be more realistic…..

France unbeaten for ages, but England great at keeping a clean sheet.

Gary your right, not much hype for England..and probably what we need and could surprise us all!

I would love to have seen Ireland come away with a draw at least but just weren’t good enough on the night…..a pretty much impossible task ahead….but the Euros does throw up surprises.

Dutch are going to struggle now…. so my money is on Germany

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 11:34 am

Will be a good match either way, methinks.

I think we are going to need to bring some distractions like this to the Spain game!

• Martin Cole

June 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm

:lol1: 😮 :lol1:

You’ll need a fair few of those dotted around the ground to stand a chance Harry

• Neil Davey

June 11, 2012 at 12:24 pm

BEEB TV news this morning were trying their best to hype everything with their sports coverage and also featuring England in the main news reports!

Good luck England 😀

And come on Wales in the next test match (Rugby) 😥

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 2:14 pm
    quote Neil Davey:

BEEB TV news this morning were trying their best to hype everything with their sports coverage and also featuring England in the main news reports!

Good luck England 😀

And come on Wales in the next test match (Rugby) 😥

Not intending to cross the border for a while Neil, I couldn’t help noticing you have changed your flag!???? 😀

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

:lol1: 😮 :lol1:

You’ll need a fair few of those dotted around the ground to stand a chance Harry

Found another one Martin….these auditions have me wrecked!

• Martin Cole

June 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I’m liking those Harry 😛

Thanks for your support Neil!
    😀

Attachments:

• Harry Cleary

June 11, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Good call Martin! And good result. Not a great game between two nervous sides……but boy, would I be nervous if I had to get a result from the Ukraine or Sweden games! 😮 That’s a proper group of death youse have found yourselves in!

• Neil Davey

June 11, 2012 at 9:38 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

I’m liking those Harry 😛

Thanks for your support Neil!
    😀

Very fetching 😀

• Gary Birch

June 12, 2012 at 7:48 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

Good call Martin! And good result. Not a great game between two nervous sides……but boy, would I be nervous if I had to get a result from the Ukraine or Sweden games! 😮 That’s a proper group of death youse have found yourselves in!

I would have taken a draw beforehand. Still have it all to do though in the next 2 games.

• Martin Cole

June 12, 2012 at 7:56 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

I enjoyed the game and a good result from England.

I like the new look team. They show great potential for future tournaments.

Ashley Cole superb, just world class. Lescott good game and great goal and young Oxlade-Chamberlain is a star in the making.
    Saying that, I still think we will struggle in this tournament.

Hard group it is Harry…2 draws and a win might be enough 😕

• Harry Cleary

June 12, 2012 at 8:12 am

Sweden has too much talent for you guys, imo! v v v 😎 😀

• Martin Cole

June 12, 2012 at 9:08 am

Stop posting those Harry, it’s distracting from my heavy work load
    😛

while we are on the subject..I would say the best looking female I have ever set eyes upon (next to my wife of course..cough..cough) was Swedish back in the early 80’s not blonde but the bluest eyes I have ever seen 😮

anyway…get on with your work Mr Cleary and no more distractions

• Harry Cleary

June 12, 2012 at 9:15 am
    quote Martin Cole:

🙁

• Martin Cole

June 12, 2012 at 9:32 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

quote Martin Cole:

🙁

ooh I feel terrible now… :worry:

just post a couple more then Harry…

Attachments:

• George Elsmore

June 13, 2012 at 7:26 am

It would appear that Greece aren’t any good with cash or Czechs.

Buddum Teesh!! I’m here all week.

(puppy-eyes)

wot?

• Harry Cleary

June 13, 2012 at 8:13 am
    quote George Elsmore:

It would appear that Greece aren’t any good with cash or Czechs.

Buddum Teesh!! I’m here all week.

(puppy-eyes)

wot?

• Martin Cole

June 14, 2012 at 7:58 am

Firstly…Shock Horror about Redknapp departing from Spurs..seems all the rumours were true.

Great games last night and as many…I would have put my houes on Germany demolishing the Dutch but all credit they nearly pulled it back and could still go through if they beat Portugal and Germany beat Denmark and a few extra goals here and there.

Germany still the team to beat in this tournament..my money is still safely on them.

GOOD Luck to the Irish tonight…but Spain I feel will be just too much for them 🙁

• Gary Birch

June 14, 2012 at 8:04 am
    quote Martin Cole:

GOOD Luck to the Irish tonight…but Spain I feel will be just too much for them 🙁

They played without a striker last week …. I think Ireland will need them to play without a goalie tonight but all the same Good Luck Ireland!!

• Harry Cleary

June 14, 2012 at 8:14 am

I’m really enjoying this tournament, has been some good matches at the stage when you don’t expect them. Germany will be hard beaten but I think they can be pushed a lot more, the Dutch showed a bit of resistance last night (a bit!) and ruffled them.

As for today, I’d love a draw to keep the hope alive. We are capable of a shock, but that could also be a ‘shock’ing defeat! 🙁

Defence can only be better and as I said before, Spain, for all their pretty football seem to struggle to score a lot of goals. Hopefully Trapatoni will give the new blood a run and we won’t be left wondering…’what if?’

Fans are having fun though! 😀

• Neil Davey

June 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I guess Ireland are coming home? Hard luck guys.

Good luck En-ger-land tomorrow 😉

• Nigel Pugh

June 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Great singing by the Irish all credit to them, they are a credit to their team and country.

• Harry Cleary

June 15, 2012 at 9:20 am

Found out by a vastly vastly superior team.
    This bunch of players just don’t have it and I think the manager fills them with that negativity in the way he sets them up and the defensive system, ‘here we are, show us how good you are and break us down’.Which is fine against teams like Macedonia or Estonia, but just manna from heaven for the likes of Spain.
    Jack Charlton made us play above our sum parts. ‘Go and compete & put ’em under pressure’ has to be the war cry, with the pool of players we have,
    Anyway, that’s the worry of that over for this tournament! 🙁

Good luck England today, my heart is exhausted! 🙁

p.s To any of you watching ITV last night, Roy Keane is STILL a tosser, the committment and ‘passion in adversity’ of our fans shames him and continues to point the finger at the selfish surrender monkey! 🙄 👿

• Martin Cole

June 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

I fear your right Harry.
    I don’t think I have seen a team more out played as I did last night.

As Gary joked, I think if the Spanish goal keeper had not turned up, it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference.

The Spanish pocession and passing became almost boring to watch in the end.

Tough game tonight, but I reckon England might just clinch it by the narrowest of margins.

(is it me or is the page on this thread never ending)

• Harry Cleary

June 15, 2012 at 11:49 am
    quote Martin Cole:

That’s what I said about the match last night! 😀

Rob, Mods, might I suggest the thread title be changed to ‘Euro’s 2012’?

• Neil Davey

June 15, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Your right it is never ending……….. 😕

Good luck tonight Swed………I mean England, phew that was close 😀

• Gary Birch

June 15, 2012 at 7:59 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

p.s To any of you watching ITV last night, Roy Keane is STILL a (oh i swore !), the committment and ‘passion in adversity’ of our fans shames him and continues to point the finger at the selfish surrender monkey! 🙄 👿

I totally agree Harry …. He made himself look even more of a c0ck than he is

• Harry Cleary

June 15, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I’d say there’s quite a few ‘phews’ heading skywards over Engerland at the moment! 😀
    Great second half in a great tournament!

• Martin Cole

June 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Tough game tonight, but I reckon England might just clinch it by the narrowest of margins.

Just call me the octopus of euro 2012… it was a tough game and we did just clinch it…in style.

Why oh why are England such a nail biting team to watch… crap at keeping hold of the ball and struggle to defend a lead.

Ukrane I thought we may come away with a draw but reckon a 2 clear goal wiin is on the cards 😕

Poor old Holland 🙁 3 defeats with just 2 goals scored, they were dreadfull last night after Portugal drew level.

Gary, could you change the title of this thread to Euro 2012.

The mods won’t do it Harry, bet they haven’t even looked at this thread, they all hate football 😀 😉

• Gary Birch

June 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

The mods won’t do it Harry, bet they haven’t even looked at this thread, they all hate football 😀 😉

Done Mate.

Is this page ever going to turn over. My mouse will be falling off its mat soon :lol1:

• Martin Pearson

June 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

Done Mate.

Is this page ever going to turn over. My mouse will be falling off its mat soon :lol1:

That’s what the scroll wheel is for Gary :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Martin Cole

June 18, 2012 at 2:19 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

Done Mate.

well done Gary 😀

I’ve have now got ‘repetitive strain injury’ in my index finger from using the scroll wheel Martin
    I feel a claim coming on.

I don’t think we need odds on England to win but odds on who’s reply will start a new page,, 5-1 on you Gary…and evens on Harry when he wakes up

• Gary Birch

June 18, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Gary Birch:

quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

Done Mate.

well done Gary 😀

I’ve have now got ‘repetitive strain injury’ in my index finger from using the scroll wheel Martin

I don’t think we need odds on England to win but odds on who’s reply will start a new page,, 5-1 on you Gary…and evens on Harry when he wakes up

:lol1: :lol1: How about a double??

• Martin Cole

June 18, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    quote Gary Birch:

😀 Now we’re talking Gary..

12 -1 on England winning and you starting a new page….

• Harry Cleary

June 18, 2012 at 3:26 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

and evens on Harry when he wakes up

Apologies guys, was at the funeral…….of Irish football! 🙁

I’m afraid to say my waters are telling me that the Ukranians will cause an upset!
    It’s that kinda tournament. Bad move bringing back Rooney just for the sake of it.

• Gary Birch

June 18, 2012 at 3:40 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Gary Birch:

😀 Now we’re talking Gary..

12 -1 on England winning and you starting a new page….

I don’t think this page will ever turn Martin :lol1:

Dare I say I have a bad feeling too. Think Rooney would be a better choice for sub.

• Martin Cole

June 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Nope guys, I’m sticking with a win for England 😕

Agreed, Ronney as sub and bring on, should the sh!t hits the fan

• Martin Cole

June 18, 2012 at 4:18 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Agreed, Ronney as sub and bring on, should the sh!t hit the fan

Double post 😳 really I’m trying for a new page

• Gary Birch

June 18, 2012 at 5:22 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

Agreed, Ronney as sub and bring on, should the sh!t hit the fan

Double post 😳 really I’m trying for a new page

No point in cheating mate I’ve just ordered an extra large mouse mat

• Harry Cleary

June 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

No point in cheating mate

Correct!

• Harry Cleary

June 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm

….or maybe not.

• Harry Cleary

June 18, 2012 at 5:45 pm

👿

• Harry Cleary

June 18, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Well, that’s us gone 🙁 A lot of work ahead of us! But this cheered me up!

😀

• Martin Pearson

June 19, 2012 at 12:04 am
    quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

quote Martin Cole:

Done Mate.

well done Gary 😀

Well you will have to make your claim against the forum I’m afraid Martin, not worth coming after me as I’ve got nothing worth having :lol1: :lol1:

• Martin Pearson

June 19, 2012 at 12:06 am

So that’s one part of the double out the window Martin, lets hope your a bit more accurate with the other part :lol1: :lol1:

• Martin Cole

June 19, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I don’t believe it. I had a nice little book running there on who would start the new page and you come along and start one Martin. I didn’t even have odds on you 🙁

Gary send that extra large mouse mat back, even though I think you ordered an 8×4 cutting mat by mistake. 😀

COME ON ENGLNAD!!!! 3-1 my prediction 😕

• Gary Birch

June 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Gary send that extra large mouse mat back, even though I think you ordered an 8×4 cutting mat by mistake. 😀

COME ON ENGLNAD!!!! 3-1 my prediction 😕

Just cutting it into smaller pieces :lol1: 😉

• George Elsmore

June 20, 2012 at 8:16 am

wayne rooney is being investigated by FIFA after scoring that header. He is accused of using a performance enhancing rug..

😮

• Harry Cleary

June 20, 2012 at 8:19 am
    quote George Elsmore:

wayne rooney is being investigated by FIFA after scoring that header. He is accused of using a performance enhancing rug..

😮

😀 😀

Stolen!

• Martin Cole

June 20, 2012 at 9:10 am

😀 😀 very good G

Anyway 1-0. That will do us.

At half time bet365 gave 8-1 on Rooney scoring the first goal. I set a £10 bet up and just aboout to press the confirm button and he scored.. missed it by 3 seconds 🙁

Have to agree Harry great tournament so far.

The wife is not so impressed though and the thing is I booked tickets to go to a concert on Thursday 28th 😮 so if we beat Italy we will be palying Germany (more than likely) on that night.

How the hell do I get out of that one 😕

Bring on Italy!!

• Gary Birch

June 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

To be honest I fancy them to beat Italy in the knockout stages much more than I have fancied them to win any of the 3 games so far. Having said that I think they will need to step it up to beat them.

Fingers crossed in Yorkshire though 😉 This is where the exciting times begin.

Come on England !!

• Harry Cleary

June 20, 2012 at 11:43 am
    quote Martin Cole:

😀 😀 very good G

At half time bet365 gave 8-1 on Rooney scoring the first goal. I set a £10 bet up and just aboout to press the confirm button and he scored.. missed it by 3 seconds 🙁

The wife is not so impressed though and the thing is I booked tickets to go to a concert on Thursday 28th 😮 so if we beat Italy we will be palying Germany (more than likely) on that night.

Bring on Italy!!

quote Gary Birch:

To be honest I fancy them to beat Italy in the knockout stages much more than I have fancied them to win any of the 3 games so far. Having said that I think they will need to step it up to beat them.

Come on England !!

Steady lads, steady. Keep it in perspective! The real quality of that French team you drew with was on display last night. Last thing England wants now is the public getting carried away, the lack of pressure and expectation so far has helped them settle. They seem to be functioning as a team at last which could bring them to the top.
    I think you are gonna bleed goals as the tournament gets tougher,though. Had the Ukranians been better in the last third of the pitch I think the result could have been very different last night. But still, you made it and Italy are very beatable if the work rate is high. Least you avoided the Spainish!
    This Irishman is hoping to see the French similarly humiliated by them! 👿 ‘We’ll never forget you, Henri! 😀

• Martin Cole

June 20, 2012 at 12:00 pm

It’s a fair point Harry. Easy to get carried away and realistcally we would be beaten easliy by a better team if we play as we did last night.

If we step up a gear then we stand a good chance. We are great off the ball but not so hot when we have it.
    But really encouraging signs over the past three games. We were far from great last night but never looked like getting beaten.

Still think Rooney should have stayed as sub and bought on mid way through perhaps…..

I think we can beat Italy…Germany hmmm

• Gary Birch

June 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

quote Martin Cole:

😀 😀 very good G

Bring on Italy!!

quote Gary Birch:

Come on England !!

Steady lads, steady. Keep it in perspective! The real quality of that French team you drew with was on display last night. Last thing England wants now is the public getting carried away, the lack of pressure and expectation so far has helped them settle. They seem to be functioning as a team at last which could bring them to the top.
    I think you are gonna bleed goals as the tournament gets tougher,though. Had the Ukranians been better in the last third of the pitch I think the result could have been very different last night. But still, you made it and Italy are very beatable if the work rate is high. Least you avoided the Spainish!
    This Irishman is hoping to see the French similarly humiliated by them! 👿 ‘We’ll never forget you, Henri! 😀

If we can play as bad as we did last night and get the result then you can only hope that if they can step it up they have a chance on the night against most teams. Italy are I think beatable but I do think that that will be it unless Germany get beaten in the quarter finals that is.

• Harry Cleary

June 21, 2012 at 10:04 am

My Quarter Final predictions after 90 mins. What happens after is anybody’s guess. I have a tenner on this:

Portugal 2-2 Czech
    Germany 4-0 Greece
    Spain 1-0 France
    England 0-0 Italy

• Martin Cole

June 21, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I don’t think you will be far away with those Harry.

Iv’e had a think and these are mine after 90 minutes

Portugal 3 -1 Czech
    Germany 3-0 Greece
    Spain 2-1 France
    England 2-1 Italy (provinding we step up a gear)

• Gary Birch

June 21, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Portugal 2 -1 Czech
    Germany 2-0 Greece
    Spain 3-0 France
    England 1-2 Italyruns off and hides
    🙄 :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

June 21, 2012 at 1:56 pm
    quote Gary Birch:

Portugal 2 -1 Czech
    Germany 2-0 Greece
    Spain 3-0 France

😀 😀 If you have any sterling we can give you asylum Gary! 😀

• Gary Birch

June 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

quote Gary Birch:

Portugal 2 -1 Czech
    Germany 2-0 Greece
    Spain 3-0 France

😀 😀 If you have any sterling we can give you asylum Gary! 😀

:lol1: :lol1: My heart says England but my head just won’t agree unfortunately.

Dissappointment at this stage beats what it is like at the semi final stage too 😕

• Martin Cole

June 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    quote Gary Birch:

My heart says England but my head just won’t agree unfortunately.

Dissappointment at this stage beats what it is like at the semi final stage too 😕

I know where you are coming from Gary.
    But I going to stick my neck out and say we will beat the Italians and give Germany a run for their money.

( Germany v Denmark was 1-1 with 10 mins to go and if the Danish had scored Germany would have been out 😮 )

I also think Ronaldo might score all 3 againgst Czech. Could turn out to be his tournament.

• Harry Cleary

June 21, 2012 at 9:45 pm

1 goal win to Portugal….that leaves you one up Gary!.

Terrible game, two nervous teams too afraid to take chances and the Czechs bounced out!

• Martin Cole

June 22, 2012 at 10:07 am

A crapo game indeed!

The trouble is teams as with Czech last night they play not to loose, just waiting for a slip up from the other team.

The final in these tournaments are usually dull affairs for the same reason.

Anyway I think I was the nearest as Ranaldo scored and hit the wood work twice and in my book thats as good as a hatrick 😕

Plus I won 20 squid on him scoring first at 4-1 😀

I’m out tonight so will miss the German game 😥 but staying with 3-0

‘COME ON ENGLAND’

• Gary Birch

June 22, 2012 at 11:29 am
    quote Martin Cole:

A crapo game indeed!
    [size=1[/size]

Just like watching Brazil …. err I mean England 😳

• Harry Cleary

June 23, 2012 at 10:36 am

So who is going to test the Germans? They haven’t had to come out of first gear yet,
    Looking forward to tonight’s game, has the potential (if France turn up) to be the game of the tournament.

btw, with Angela Merkel there I thought the Greeks would have disappeared through a hole in the dressing room floor at half time, they might as well have! 😀 The Gr—eek Escape!

• Harry Cleary

June 24, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Better team won in the end in fairness lads. Roy needs to be brave, loose Rooney and maybe even Gerrard, he faded right out of the game. Pirlo was masterful.

• Gary Birch

June 25, 2012 at 7:35 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

Better team won in the end in fairness lads.

I have to agree Harry but how many more times do we have to loose on penalties (:) …. I thought we had them too but knew with the look on Ashley Youngs face he would miss.

Can’t see anyone stopping the Germans personnally

• George Elsmore

June 25, 2012 at 8:20 am
    quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

Better team won in the end in fairness lads.

I have to agree Harry but how many more times do we have to loose on penalties (:) …. I thought we had them too but knew with the look on Ashley Youngs face he would miss.

Can’t see anyone stopping the Germans personnally

When it comes to penalties England just have not got the minerals! 😕

• Martin Cole

June 25, 2012 at 8:25 am

Firstly Harry. Spot on your latter predictions apart from Spain’s last minute penalty…you were on the nose.

For the fisrt time in my life I was quite glad we lost…just to save us the humiliation of being Inighilated by the Germans on Thursday.
    First 25 minutes we were pretty good, then it was almost like watching Spain against Ireland.
    It just shows we are a long way away from competing at the very top level.
    Rooney was awfull it was almost a waste of a player on the field.

As for Spain.. I find them the ‘Steve Davies’ (snooker player) of the football world. Technically brilliant…you know they are going to win..but as dull as dishwater to watch.

Pretty sure they will beat Portugal and would like to see the German’s thrash them in the final (Italy permiiting).

• Harry Cleary

June 25, 2012 at 11:30 am
    quote Martin Cole:

Firstly Harry. Spot on your latter predictions apart from Spain’s last minute penalty…you were on the nose.

For the fisrt time in my life I was quite glad we lost…just to save us the humiliation of being Inighilated by the Germans on Thursday.
    First 25 minutes we were pretty good, then it was almost like watching Spain against Ireland.
    It just shows we are a long way away from competing at the very top level.
    Rooney was awfull it was almost a waste of a player on the field.

As for Spain.. I find them the ‘Steve Davies’ (snooker player) of the football world. Technically brilliant…you know they are going to win..but as dull as dishwater to watch.

Pretty sure they will beat Portugal and would like to see the German’s thrash them in the final (Italy permiiting).

Totally agree Martin, would love to see Portugal do the Spanish, and I think they might.

Sea change needed in how we all play the game in this part of the world I think. The understanding between the players on teams like Spain and Italy and the consumate ball skills is the difference. We just don’t have those kind of players in Ireland and consequently we can’t hold onto the ball for long enough to put pressure on. England never seem to be able to play 90 mins as a team, in the way the Italians and Spanish and Germans do. they fell apart last night because Gerrard wasn’t up to 90 minutes of football. Their engine gone, they fell back to the long ball and attacking on the break, if they tried to build through midfield they invariably lost the ball.

Not good enough to win the major competitions. So it’s back to the drawing board for us all! 🙁

• George Elsmore

June 25, 2012 at 11:50 am

i have done ok with Spain this tournement 😎

Attachments:

• Nicola McIntosh

June 25, 2012 at 8:45 pm

:lol1:

Attachments:

• Neil Davey

June 25, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Martin………..did you have too??

Attachments:

• Harry Cleary

June 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Italy v Spain final, with them being in our group I figure that makes us a power house of European football again! 😀

(tread softly guys!)

• Neil Davey

June 28, 2012 at 10:01 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

Italy v Spain final, with them being in our group I figure that makes us a power house of European football again! 😀

(tread softly guys!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Harry Cleary

June 28, 2012 at 10:12 pm
    quote Neil Davey:

quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What group where youse in again? I’ll work out where youse finished. 😀

• Gary Birch

June 29, 2012 at 7:51 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

Absolutely Harry … there is no shame getting knocked out by the finalists :lol1: 😉

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:19 am
    quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

Absolutely Harry … there is no shame getting knocked out by the finalists :lol1: 😉

Ah now, there’e being ‘knocked out’ and then there is being ‘put in a coma’ 😀 😀

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:19 am
    quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 8:21 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

Rampant New Zealand thrash Ireland 60-0
    🙄

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:40 am
    quote George Elsmore:

quote Harry Cleary:

quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

(tread softly guys!)

Rampant New Zealand thrash Ireland 60-0
    🙄

Fe*k sake George, we were on our holliers! 😀

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 8:48 am

:lol1: harry whats the nearest race course to you?

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:51 am

Am I gonna regret this?
    Not a horsey man George, I think the nearest of any significance is Leopardstown.

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

not a loaded question Harry I thought it might be, and I might be over there next month with a nag I have got shares in 😀 so was thinking of getting one of the 50 black pints you owe me from you 😀

• Harry Cleary

June 29, 2012 at 8:58 am

That might be a day out George! Will pm you later. Off out into the rain to try and get a sign up before Noah gets here! 😥

• Martin Cole

June 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

So there I was last night, half way through watching ‘One night with Queen’ …..Queen tribute act (it could have been the real Freddie on stage, the guy was incredible) and I thought I would check to see how many Germany were winning by.and saw 2-0 to Itlay 😮

2-1 in the end, was it a good game? shock result!
    The only two games I have missed have been both German games 🙁

Managed to stay awake through the Spanish ones just :sleep:
    What was Ranaldo doing waiting to take the 5th penalty….so he could get all the glory no doubt and all back fired 😀

‘COME ON ITALY’ on Sunday

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 10:17 am

dont want to gloat but

Attachments:

• Martin Cole

June 29, 2012 at 11:02 am

Jammy git, they say money goes to money

I reckon your just photoshopping betting slips…..

any tips for Sunday’s game please Mr?

• George Elsmore

June 29, 2012 at 12:20 pm

watch this space 🙂

• Harry Cleary

July 2, 2012 at 2:50 pm

So Spain it is…awesome display last night, and to think they where down Puyol and Villa….can see another World Cup for this squad.

They also beat Italy 4-0 which is what they beat us by…which makes us as good as Italy…………………yeh? 😀

• Gary Birch

July 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

They also beat Italy 4-0 which is what they beat us by…which makes us as good as Italy…………………yeh? 😀

Yeah I kinda get that :lol1: but does that mean that because England were beaten by Italy that Ireland are better than us 😕 :lol1:

• Martin Cole

July 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm
    quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

Yeah I kinda get that :lol1: but does that mean that because England were beated by Italy that Ireland are better than us 😕 :lol1:

:lol1: :lol1:

Have to admit.. a great display by Spain, Stunning first half. They made a mockery of Italy.

I had a tenner on Italy to win 3-1 @40-1. 🙁 I didn’t check Spain on 4-0 but healthy odds no doubt…Georgio has gone all quiet so no wins for him??

All in all a great tournament.

• Gary Birch

July 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Yeah I enjoyed it too, been some good football and then some not so good 🙄

• Harry Cleary

July 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm
    quote Gary Birch:

quote Harry Cleary:

Yeah I kinda get that :lol1: but does that mean that because England were beated by Italy that Ireland are better than us 😕 :lol1:

By George, I think he’s got it! 😀