Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Error 07 Head (—-**) on my JV3 160s

• Error 07 Head (—-**) on my JV3 160s

Posted by Jason Thorpe on October 30, 2011 at 7:05 am

Hi Guys

I’m new on here and to the printing, so thanks for all the advice.

Have only been in possession of my machine for a couple of weeks and not really got anything printed out when it went across some paper which had wrinkled, caughtit with the head, ripped it and then came up with this problem. I think its indicating the Lc & Lm head. I’ve tried pulling the ribbon cables between the slider and print head after powering down to no success.
    I’ve been quoted about £1100 + VAT for a new head fitted and set up.

Is there anything I can do before spending out?????? 🙁

Thanks
    Jason

Jason Thorpe replied 12 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • David Rowland

October 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm

i hope you didn’t put the left cable into the right holder? they look the same but wired differently as that can cause a short blowing the header board.

i think the code u posted is dead head… it can actually be the header board but i think.

Few people could help…

Tom from http://www.Tech8.eu
    Stafford from http://www.nds-services.co.uk

Both are regular posters here.

• Robert Lambie

October 30, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Tech8 yes, not sure if you need a contract in place before hand though. worth a call anyway…

machine parts, http://www.digiprint-supplies.com
    think its next day delivery on stocked items. uksb discount code on homepage advert also.

• Jason Thorpe

October 30, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Following repair I’ll be looking into a maintenance contract.
    What should a new printhead cost supplied and fitted?

• Robert Lambie

October 30, 2011 at 6:29 pm

contracts really do help lower the hassle of any unsuspecting things happening.
    the tech8 one seems to be the best on the go just now with a no quibble type response to problems arising once under their wing.

http://www.digiprint-supplies.com
    i came across digiprint some years ago when trying to source a print head.
    back then i found them several hundred pounds cheaper "per head" than via other sources.
    since then lots of things have changed, prices within our industry has soared on
    things like print heads. regardless, didgprint seem to still maintain their very competitive pricing. use their search fascility and it will give you a price based on your product needed.
    then maybe get a free lance technician to install it at the price of a call out.

best of luck.

• Stafford Cox

November 1, 2011 at 2:35 pm

As Dave says, that is most likely to be a fried head I’m afraid. You can tell what head is at fault by the control panel. It will say something along the lines of:

—-*-

Position 5 would be lm (C,M,Y,K,lm,lc)

It is most likely to be the head that is at fault but I have seen the slider board cause this too. If you are reasonably competent with a screwdriver, it might be an idea to DISCONNECT THE POWER and swap one of the head cables with another along side it to see if the fault moves. Obviously, this is done at your own risk though and it could cost you more if you get it wrong

The price of the head is around the £600 mark and the fitting should be around 2 hours with ALL of the calibrations done correctly. Where in the country are you as that could be the deciding factor as to who would be cheapest.

Best of luck
    Stafford

• Jason Thorpe

February 22, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Just an update on this.

The printer is finally sorted after much messing around.

I had the print head replaced by Colin form CE Tech which cleared that fault but brought up another fault. Colin advised changing the slider board which solved the problem for a while and I manage to get a bit of printing done. Then inexplicably, another bloody print head fault came up. Colin came down again and sorted that out and I’m back to practicing on the printer again.

I’ll be redundant from my main job soon so will have plenty of time to practice with it. 😀

• Robert Lambie

February 23, 2012 at 12:18 am

Colins a top bloke, glad he helped you out mate.

• David Rowland

February 23, 2012 at 12:45 am

basically it is a shorting or static issue… sodding printers… one thing goes then another.. its very sensitive and your not the first case.

• Jason Thorpe

February 23, 2012 at 2:22 am

Followed Colin’s advice on getting a printer warranty too. £600 on printheads every two minutes can easily dampen your spirits