Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Epson surecolour 70600 vs hp latex 260

• Epson surecolour 70600 vs hp latex 260

Posted by david hogg on September 28, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hi guys need some advice on what you think would be the best printer looked originally at the epson sure colour 70600 thought the print quality was excellent with no banding but the more I research printers the more I see people going to latex instead of Eco solvent I know both types had their good and bad points but I am on the fence about the latex printer is it as good as people say , this would be Out first large format printer and have no working knowledge of either , so need some advice what should I buy , mainly want to produce canvas prints for our new website as well add a trade printing service to our existing Cnc routing business also please let me know any thoughts on a plotter thinking either the summo or graphtec 1600 wide need a laminator as well any advice on these would be very grateful
    Thanks guys look forward to some advice on these topics
    Cheers dave

Kevin Busby replied 10 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • wunder

October 19, 2013 at 10:00 am

hi daved,

older post but i will short listing but befor "Favorit Surecolor"

Surecolor points:
    (>) very good speed
    (>) many different cheap medias "good color garmut on canvas"
    (>) low energie cost
    (>) very cheap per sqm Cost
    (>) stable Printing quality
    (>) very cheap service cost "Printhead lifetime a.s.o"
    (>) and many…many more……. :lol1:

HP Latex25xxx/26xxx points:
    (>) low speed in qualtiy mode
    (>) expensive and not all Medias Printable
    (>) extreme bad color garmut on canvas "banding / Colorless"
    (>) extreme expensive energie Cost / Printing cost
    (>) unstable long Prints "Printhead warranty changed to 1200ml (:) "
    (>) extreme expensive Service Cost "Like Printhead a.s.o"
    (>) and the best……21% Solvent mix at the Latexink "chemical analysis by FS (hot)

My farvorit is always a Surecolor….

best regards
    wunder

• Martin Pearson

October 19, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Quite a bit been discussed on the forum about the latex machine already David so a lot of your answers may be answered if you do a search.
    Few people on the forum have them & have run solvent printers prior to running a latex so opinions are based on having run both systems which maybe helpful to you.

Sure I read a post about the printheads being pretty cost effective but can’t comment as I can only tell you what I’ve read.

• Kevin Busby

October 21, 2013 at 8:51 am

Ive only ever had the one printer L26500 and that only recently so cannot give comparison but will answer any specific questions if i can.

With regards to the heads, it is correct warranty has been dropped 1200ml or about 3 cartridges of ink, but when you consider the heads are £99 or less depending and the fact that whilst that is just the warranty length I’ve spoken to another user and an engineer who have both seen in excess of 7-12 Litres through one head, you dont have to change them when it says, only they are not warrantied for any more than that amount of ink.

Cant comment on energy as last month was the first time it worked properly but the bill will drop any day and being monthly should give good idea. Best thing is since the colder weather has come back again we have not needed the heating on once cause it certainly kicks out some heat.

Kev