Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing Epson Stylus Pro 9600

• Epson Stylus Pro 9600

Posted by Peter Munday on January 7, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Well I have been using this printer for years for dye-sublimation and over the xmas break the prints started to look like crap! Turns out I need a maintenance kit for it…..but there are none about, seems they stopped making them years ago and if you have one of these printers then tough luck.So my question is does anyone know of a supplier who has one in stock?

Peter

Stafford Cox replied 11 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chris Wool

January 7, 2013 at 5:38 pm

ran in to that problem 2 years ago with a 9500 can’t remember the key presses to reset the counter. we took it to bits as if changing the bits and the felts were hardy soaked with ink so left them, other bits would have been nice like the capping station but gave it a good clean up instead.

• Stafford Cox

January 7, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Yeah, it’s a real shame as I still rate these printers. I got hold of one early last year and it was one of only 3 in Europe apparently. I know another freelance guy had one soon after so you might have to try refurbing your existing one and/or just reset the maintenance code to tell it’s had one fitted 😉

I’ll speak to my supplier tomorrrow and let you know if they have any. I wouldn’t hold your breath though.

Stafford