Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Epson SC80600 Media Error

• Epson SC80600 Media Error

Posted by Wayne Maxwell on March 5, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Hi everyone hope you a well and busy.

Wondering if anyone has come across this error before.

I have 2 Epson sc80600s but one has decided to play up. The media loading lever seems to have lost its resistance. it’s very light and easy to move back and forth. When loading media it keeps throwing up media load error. It seems to be intermittent as to when it happens but has come to the point now I can’t even get the machine loaded for printing. Very frustrating.

Any tips or advice be greatly appreciated 🙏

Wayne

Wayne Maxwell replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • RobertLambie

Administrator
    March 7, 2022 at 3:10 am

I would have a closer look at what’s happening around where the Lever is attached.

We had a couple of Graphtec cutters and the beauty is you have one sat next to it to compare them both.
    We had a very similar issue with the release arm on the cutter. I progressively got lighter when clamping the media.
    in the end event, it was missing a small screw and with the lad continuing to use it and physically pushing that bit firmer with it, he slightly bent the arm so was now not hitting a sensor.
    in the end, we got a screw that replaced the missing one and straightened the arm by just gripping it in a vice. once back to its original condition, we added a small block of felt on the lever, that prevented the movement from happening again, which was what made it slacken in the first place.
    we then added the same felt block to the other machine as a precaution and it never happened again!
    anyway…
    The arm lever on your machine might be enclosed behind a plastic casing. which might just be a few screws that need to be removed from the plastic casing to expose the faulty area that may just need to be tightened or whatever.
    at least if it’s exposed and you can see the fault. take some photos or a video and email them to your supplier who could post you out a part if it is something you may be able to change and save yourself a small fortune.

Disclaimer:
    I am anything but a technician mate, and I do NOT have one of these machines.
    I am not telling you to do this, just advising on what I do. 🤔🤣🤣

• Jamie Wood

March 7, 2022 at 10:40 am

Might be worth checking this link to see if any of these answers can resolve it.

https://www.signs101.com/threads/media-lever-spring.167007/

One of the suggestions was to pick a different media on the front panel.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Jamie Wood.
  • Wayne Maxwell

March 12, 2022 at 9:09 pm

Guys thanks for taking time to reply. Finally got to the source of my problem. A faulty media sensor. Good thing is the printer can run without it.. thank god..

If anyone comes across this problem give me a message and hopefully I can guide you in the right direction.

Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated.

Wayne