Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)?

• Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)?

Posted by Pane Talev on June 24, 2022 at 2:30 pm

The Mutoh XpertJet 1641SR that I have is almost 1 year old. – Media cockling is driving me mad.

Epson SC-S40600 (4 colours)) or SC-S80600 Pantone certified (10 coloirs)? (5000£ price difference between them)

Shall I take the bullet or dodge the bullet?

David Rowland replied 1 year, 8 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • RobertLambie

Administrator
    June 25, 2022 at 5:13 pm

I am not the best to advise here as I am very happy with our HP latex printers and due for an upgrade which will be Latex again. However, I have only heard good reports regarding the Epson printers, so I don’t think you will be disappointed.

• Jamie Wood

June 27, 2022 at 7:10 am

We’ve got a couple of SC-S80600 printers. They are the best printers we’ve owned, and I can highly recommend them. We got ours from Andy at SEDO, but I guess you’d need to use a dealer in your location. Can’t comment on the SC-S40600, but if you don’t need the colour gamut, then I would think they would be fine.

• Jeff

June 29, 2022 at 10:26 am

I have a mate that owns another sign company and i am sure he has the SCS40600 and loves it.
    i think he has had it since the start of lockdown and any time i am in his place he raves on about it.

• Peter Cassidy

July 1, 2022 at 9:27 am

could it not be the media that is the problem, rather than the printer? i know some materials do not work well in latex machines. perhaps the same problem with mutoh?

• Wayne Fothergill

July 1, 2022 at 12:01 pm

We’ve had an S80600 for 3 years now and it is a fantastic bit of kit. The colour gamut on it never ceases to amaze me and it barely needs any maintenance at all. I can’t recommend it enough.

We just bought an SCR5000 which we had installed last week, again another really nice printer. I can’t see me ever buying anything other than Epson in the future.

• Pane Talev

August 16, 2022 at 7:24 am
    • Thank you all for your input. Good to know as the Epsom sellers are only 20km away from me.

• Mutoh is on the case finally. There is an additional part that will be installed on my printer to get rid of media cockling. Will keep you posted if this solves the problem and don’t need to change printers.

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    August 16, 2022 at 12:02 pm

Mutoh, offering you an additional machine part to fix the problem means it was a missing necessity.
    It is a bit bizarre that they did not act on this much sooner. that would really annoy me.

• David Rowland

August 23, 2022 at 11:01 am

I tihnk 6 colour latex is wonderful machine, as I returned to sign makers i was at before, they are still using it without major breakfown.

8 colour pantone sounds great, 4 colour I would not be too interested in if u dont mind a reduction of colour gamut… i am happy with 6.