Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Epson 9600 Large Format Inkjet Printer

• Epson 9600 Large Format Inkjet Printer

Posted by Dianne Webster on November 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Epson 9600 is a good printer to buy.

Also can anyone help with my Rockhopper 38 where the yellow has decided not to print?

Really appreciate any help and info.

Thanks,

Dianne

Adrian Hewson replied 11 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

November 14, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Hi Dianne.

The Epson 9600 is a really good printer in my opinion, however, parts are getting VERY difficult to get hold of these days. The printheads are rare to non existant and the capping stations are now unavailable. You’d be better off looking at a 9800 really.

With your RH, have you checked all the basics? Ink in the cartridge (physically check by shaking it rather than relying on the control panel)? Does the yellow damper have ink in it?

Stafford

• Dianne Webster

November 15, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Thanks Stafford, Very usefull info.

The RH38 has got ink in the yellow damper, as with the other inks, just will not print yellow.

I think I am in the market for another printer.

Many thanks,

Dianne

• Adrian Hewson

November 15, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Got to agree 9800 is way to go, there are two being sold s/h this next week Jones Lang lasalle online Auction for Hawthornes of Nottingham, recond you couls probably get one for about £500.

We have the 7800 and its and excellent printer for the tye o work we need it for, phot englarging and T shirt prints