Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Epson 830 ink cartdridges

• Epson 830 ink cartdridges

Posted by Michael on January 31, 2004 at 7:49 pm

Hi everyone, I’m new to ths forum and need a liitle help. Just replaced my epson C80 with an 830 but can’t get the ink cartridges to work. Ink is Rotech from Listawood. I can get the black rotech working with the original epson colour and the rotech colour working with the epson black, but I cannot get both rotech to work in the printer at the same time…..does that make sense. I should be eternally grateful if anyone has any ideas how I might solve this?

Michael

Linda replied 20 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Bill Dewison

January 31, 2004 at 8:39 pm

Hi Micheal and welcome to the uksignboards 😀

If I remember this correctly, most of the modern Epson cartridges have a security chip on the backside of them which can sometimes be faulty. You can buy a chip-programmer (unsure where from, but I can find out on Monday) but the best solution would be to get replacement cartridges.

The other bug bare with Epson is that they apparently have a shelf-life. Some sort of programming shuts the printer down after a certain number of prints. I was told this by a PC service engineer so it may be a male cow with no control of its digestive system, but if it is true, it is extremely naughty of Epson. Mind you, with a decent Epson costing around £300, its not all bad news I s’pose 😉

Cheers, Dewi

• Gazza

January 31, 2004 at 9:57 pm

Hi, the epson printer will shut down after so many carts, its just the ink waste well is full. Take the printer apart, clean out the waste well, call Epson support and ask for the factory reset sequence. This will reset the printer to an “as shipped” state. Other than that, if the carts aren’t genuine, they sometimes will not register. I get this too, i have a C62 and buy comp carts ( 6 for £14 ), the printer tells me they are not original? blimey a clever printer, but asks me if i want to continue. If the carts work on their own but not together, try reseating them firmly, otherwise try some different carts. Hope this helps

Gaz

• fluidedge

January 31, 2004 at 10:37 pm

Have had unhappy experiences with Epson copy carts also, so have gone back to the originals on the home Epson 895 printer.
    Photos were never quite right and I was spending more time head cleaning and aligning than printing.

• Linda

February 1, 2004 at 5:54 am

Hi Michel,
    If it’s a new printer as you say, do the two Epson cartridges work together? If they do not, then given the Rotech problems, it’s a faulty printer, more than likely.

If they do work then there can’t be much wrong with the printer, cor blimey 😆 . Give Jayne a call at Listawood, she know’s what she is doing

Linda