Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Epson 80600 Solvent Printer, test prints results, what do you think?

• Epson 80600 Solvent Printer, test prints results, what do you think?

Posted by Neil Danley on June 18, 2018 at 12:40 pm

As i was asked too, i thought i would send a quick test print for you all to see the quality that the 80600 can produce. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Neil D.

Attachments:

Neil Danley replied 5 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • Kevin Mahoney

June 18, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Got to be happy with that kind of quality mate, I’ll book a demo, had a quote for one today

• David Stevenson

June 18, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Looks great. Best of luck with it 🙂

• Robert Lambie

June 19, 2018 at 2:21 am

I have no experience of this machine, but it is good to see posts like this, providing feedback from real world users of the machine, so to speak. I have not heard a lot about the machine, but what i have has only been good. So i am interested in reading what you and others are finding when using this daily.

However, In the second video listed below, I would seriously take the comments made at 4.20 mins with a pinch of salt.
    The comments i am commenting on are the ones about same day lamination for "vehicle wrapping". Just my opinion, but I will stick my neck out here and say they are wrong and it should NOT be laminated same day, and a MINIMUM of 24hrs of proper out-gassing period should be allowed. I am sure this is a brilliant machine like they say, but comments like this from machine manufacturers bug me, they have no real world testing done over any real time period. "we are the guinea pigs" and i will eat my hat if they have vinyl manufacturers warranty’s listing this same day lamination of wraps in their product use terms.
    My advice, is regardless of the machine/ink type you are using, when it comes to wraps, you should allow as much out-gassing, then lamination bonding period as possible before applying. the bare minimum in a properly ventilated temperate controlled environment should be 24 hours.

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

• Colin Crabb

June 19, 2018 at 7:08 am

Looks great! Impressed of what I’ve seen, and I’m a huge HP user.

Would really welcome your comments a few months down the line after you’ve had time to see the pro’s an con’s, as that does look like a cracking machine.

The first video for speed also should be taken warily – Epson 8pass vs Latex on 10pass ?!
    Surely they should be at the same pass rate. It would be like setting the HP at 23 m²/hr – Indoor Quality (6-pass) vs the Epson at 12.5sqm/hr in 8-pass film mode – don’t you love they way advertising an facts work :smiles:

• Robert Lambie

June 19, 2018 at 8:18 am

I thought same until i saw the finished results were they show 20%+ superior quality output etc.
    whereas it should be lower on the faster setting. so beats the HP on both speed and quality.

• Jamie Wood

June 19, 2018 at 8:35 am

Any indication on price?

• Kevin Mahoney

June 19, 2018 at 8:49 am
    quote Jamie Wood:

Any indication on price?

Had a quote for £13499 + vat yesterday

• Colin Crabb

June 19, 2018 at 9:32 am

Cheaper than a Latex 365 – £15063 at the moment

• Jamie Wood

June 19, 2018 at 9:40 am
    quote Kevin Mahoney:

quote Jamie Wood:

Any indication on price?

Had a quote for £13499 + vat yesterday

Does that include Onyx? If so, it’s a very good price. Do you mind me asking who from.

• Luke Culpin

June 19, 2018 at 11:16 am

Got my demo booked now! All being well I think we’ll be ordering this machine next month too!! Exciting times!!

• Kevin Mahoney

June 19, 2018 at 11:27 am

It includes onyx, full set of inks, delivery, install, training & an optional 1 day at Epson academy in Hemel Heampstead from Sedo ltd

• Jamie Wood

June 19, 2018 at 12:59 pm
    quote Kevin Mahoney:

It includes onyx, full set of inks, delivery, install, training & an optional 1 day at Epson academy in Hemel Heampstead from Sedo ltd

Great, thanks.

• Jon Marshall

June 20, 2018 at 7:58 am

Is it true that only the 60600 comes with the optional drying unit?

• Neil Danley

June 20, 2018 at 9:34 am
    quote Jon Marshall:

Is it true that only the 60600 comes with the optional drying unit?

Yes Jon i believe it does as i had a quick demo on that when i was viewing the 80600 and remember them saying it comes with it. 99% sure :awkward:

• Jon Marshall

June 20, 2018 at 9:39 am

But is that needed to achieve the faster drying times quoted?

• Neil Danley

June 20, 2018 at 9:49 am

Well the above convo is regarding the 80600 where you do not need the dryer unit, however on the 60600 its cmyk x2 which gives you a faster output for doing quick posters, roller banners etc so that’s why i think they give you the dryer unit with it.

i can give your details to the guys who helped me if you wanted a demo or info as im only thinking back to my demo and to be fair i was really only interested in the 80600.

• Neil Danley

June 28, 2018 at 9:15 am
    quote Kevin Mahoney:

Did you go for that deal Kevin?. or go for a demo?. :smiles:

• Kevin Mahoney

June 28, 2018 at 9:42 am

Works gone bananas I’m afraid, fully booked till beginning of August, only have Sundays off as it is

• Neil Danley

June 28, 2018 at 10:30 am

That’s a shame but also good news for you! im glad your busy. just try get one booked for a future date i had to wait 3 weeks as it was to get in. Hope you manage to soon. :thumbsup:

• Luke Culpin

June 28, 2018 at 4:22 pm

Hi Neil, do you have any further feedback on how the machine is going so far! Any positives you are impressed with? Any negatives or areas where it hasn’t done what you expected?

• Neil Danley

June 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
    quote Luke Culpin:

Hi Neil, do you have any further feedback on how the machine is going so far! Any positives you are impressed with? Any negatives or areas where it hasn’t done what you expected?

Hi Luke, All positives im happy to say! The ink seems to be lasting a lot longer than previous machines ive had, Skin tones are better because of more colours and the print speed is spot on. only slight issue the white was a little bit fiddly but that’s because I’m a new user i guess, I’ve cracked it now and have done some really effective clear vinyls.

I will let you know if there’s any negatives however so far it impresses me with something new every time i print! :thumbsup:

Did you say your going to be getting one next month or just going for a demo?. Hope you love it as much as i do.

Neil D.