Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing Epson 1400 – blocked Cyan nozzle, help?

• Epson 1400 – blocked Cyan nozzle, help?

Posted by Lorraine Clinch on March 5, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Hi everyone, as stated, my 1400, which has had very limited use over the years, is being brought back into the fray, all is working well, heads are great, EXCEPT one break in the nozzle check, at the very start and the end of the pattern print, on dark cyan only. Any print involving blue has a line through it, showing pink.
    Using the ‘Print Primary’ option, the solid blocks of colour appear perfect, with no breaks on any colour, including dark cyan.

I am using NovaChrome inks and PowerDriver software. I have done numerous head cleans again this morning, but still the same results.

Is there any way I can do an intensive head clean? Any suggestions please?

Got 40 mugs to print for Friday, and they are all BLUE text! (hot) 🙁

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Lorraine

David.Smith replied 11 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lorraine Clinch

March 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Well Epson were not a lot of help, the tech I ‘chatted’ to online suggests it is a problem with the magenta head, and can be returned to them if I purchased a new one with a discount.

I have to try getting this going, I can’t afford to get a new one!

Lorraine 😳 😥

• Denise Goodfellow

March 5, 2013 at 5:47 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

Well Epson were not a lot of help, the tech I ‘chatted’ to online suggests it is a problem with the magenta head, and can be returned to them if I purchased a new one with a discount.

I have to try getting this going, I can’t afford to get a new one!

Lorraine 😳 😥

I agree Epson we no help with ours, they suggested we buy a nother printer @ £350

We took it to our local printer shop and it cost £35 to repair.

Sorry cant help apart from try a local printer/ink shop

• Martin Pearson

March 5, 2013 at 6:06 pm

There is a utility for epson printers (not produced by epson) called ssc service utility (i think) sorry don’t run an epson printer anymore.
    Anyway try a google search, use to be a very handy utility so might be worth downloading & installing. Has a power clean function but beware any sort of power clean is going to use a fair bit of ink.

• David.Smith

March 6, 2013 at 12:58 pm

We had a simular problem with ours when using sublimation inks, found the easiest way to clean the head was to remove it from the printer and give it a good soak in a jar of IPA. It took a couple of days of changing the IPA before no more crap came out but since putting it back together its like new, just takes a fair bit of ink to refill the head after giving it a deep clean but well worth it. If you get stuck taking the head off there’s a great video on youtube showing how to do it.

• Lorraine Clinch

March 7, 2013 at 12:31 am

David, reading several Googled posts on the subject, seems like its quite hard to remove the head in a 1400, way past my capabilities!
    I have put a small amount of Roland cleaning fluid on the pad and switched off, see what it is like in the morning, otherwise it is Denise’s suggestion. Doesn’t get me out of the mire for the 40 mugs though!

Martin, would you believe, downloaded the SCC thing, to find the 1400 isn’t supported!

Thank you all for your help, I’ll get there eventually, I hope!

Lorraine 😥

• Denise Goodfellow

March 7, 2013 at 10:12 am

Try the file for the 1290, we have a 1400 and I`m sure we use the SCC every now and again.

• David.Smith

March 7, 2013 at 12:15 pm

It looks more complicated than it is really, just a couple of screws and then 2 clips which can be a pain to release at the back of the head and its off. But if your not confident you could end up doing more harm than good.