• easymount 1400

Posted by Colin Hibbitt on October 9, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Hi Folks- cold i get advice from someone who has this laminater

Has this installed last week but having trouble in the tension
    The film is tight one end and loose the other causing large ripples in the film
    Has anyone had this problem if so what isthe easiest way of sorting it??

Colin

Shaun Cleary replied 14 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Karl Williams

October 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I would presume the material’s not in the centre. The centre of the rollers are thicker than the ends so if it’s out this can cause rippling. You can also try pulling the material through from the back then putting the clamp down whilst still holding the laminate tight.

• Ian Muir

October 9, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Hi

Got one a month before yourself Colin.

Once you get used to it’s a doddle but I had ‘teething’ probs too.

Things I can think of :- the collars at either end of the lamination roll should be adjusted for proper drag, when you insert the collars then the tightening disc should be as loose as poss so you can then adjust until it runs, perhaps you have set one collar tighter than the other or the inner cardboard core is damaged maybe.

Pressure on rollers should be minimal otherwise it causes ripples (certainly did for me) , i.e. wind down till just biting, set red mark at centre position then tighten no more than first graduation on the pressure adjuster.

Hope my limited knowledge helps, once I sussed it the easymount is a cool bit of kit.

Ian :lol1:

• Shaun Cleary

October 9, 2009 at 8:05 pm

Had this problem it was one of the collars had come loose that you tighten with the Allen key.