Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Easy apply/Bubble free vinyl at 610

• Easy apply/Bubble free vinyl at 610

Posted by Jeremy Howes on November 29, 2010 at 10:12 am

Hello,
    I’m looking for a supplier of Bubble free vinyl at 610mm wide, any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards
    Jeremy

Martin Pearson replied 13 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Peter Normington

November 29, 2010 at 10:17 am

Jeremy
    Most of the bubble free suppliers, will slit the rolls for you if they do not already come at 610 as standard.
    Peter

• Jeremy Howes

November 29, 2010 at 10:31 am

Thanks for the reply Peter,

I should have added, a supplier of part rolls, say 10m +, if anyone has discovered a supplier willing to supply short lengths then I would be glad to hear from them.

Cheers
    Jeremy

• Matty Goodwin

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 am

Hi Jeremy

Any preference of material?

Matt

• Jeremy Howes

November 29, 2010 at 11:08 am

Hi Matt,
    No preference in the material, I had been using a Hexis product (HX5000) which was a 65 micron polymetric Calendered PVC and the HX10000 which was a 50 micron cast PVC. Both served their purpose well but Hexis discontinued the 5000 and no longer supplies the 10000 at 610 in short runs.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Jeremy

• Martin Pearson

November 29, 2010 at 11:45 am

Have you tried APA Jeremy? Can’t vouch for their vinyl but I had a price list from them a while ago and I am sure the easy apply was quoted at 610 and per 5 metre length, worth a call.

• Jeremy Howes

November 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for that Martin, much appreciated.
    I just phoned them for a swatch and samples.

Cheers
    Jeremy

• Martin Pearson

November 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I’ve never used any of their vinyl Jeremy so I can’t tell you if it is any good, I do know that their Truck vinyl gets recommended a lot so it can’t be all bad :lol1:

• Milton Paps

December 5, 2010 at 11:26 am

I use mdpsupplies for my vinyl – they normally do short lengths. I remember buying 3 metres for a very small project last yr.

Hope that helps ( and If I’m getting robbed, let me know lol )

:lol1:

• Jeremy Howes

December 6, 2010 at 11:55 am

Contacted APA who were very helpful and I am now going through their product information and swatch pack, Thanks Martin for the introduction.

Thanks for the suggestion Milton, I telephoned MDP, but they only supply the bubble free in Etch.

I believe I have found my supplier.

Thanks all.

Jeremy

• Martin Pearson

December 6, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Glad to hear that you are sorted Jeremy, like I said above I haven’t used them much but have always felt that they were really helpful when I have contacted them.
    Keep us up to date with how things go will you please.