Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Drytac Jetmounter JM54 or EasyMount EM1400 – used laminator check list

• Drytac Jetmounter JM54 or EasyMount EM1400 – used laminator check list

Posted by Mariusz Czarnota on March 11, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Hi,

i have Found two Jetmounter JM54 and easymount EM1400. Ive been told that 1st one is in great condition, while 2nd is in good working order, but have some discoloration on rolls. I read that jetmounter could be easier to use, and I’m newbie, both can get for similar price but looking online easymount is more expensive when new and should hold value..
    Both about 1500£, is it good value? 30 days rtb warranty, serviced and tested..
    Also got vs540i and most vinyl and matching laminates are 1370 and, which is exact roller size in DRYTAC.
    Would that be an issue? EasyMount is 1400mm.

Another question is, how to properly check before buy? Just run couple of prints any special checks should perform?
    Thanks

Mariusz Czarnota replied 5 years, 3 months ago 11 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • Neil Danley

March 11, 2019 at 4:18 pm

I would go for the EasyMount. Easy to use and can always get spares.

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm

Hi. Thanks for suggestion. Received photo of rollers and Drytac looks new, easymount not so good..
    Drytac looks like in very good condition and price for easymount sound a little low..
    I heard that easymount isn’t that super easy to use either.. Decisions..

• David Hammond

March 11, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Go with the easymount.

The discolouration on the rollers insn’t really an issue… it’s the condition of them that is more important, any dings & chips in the rollers, or flat spots if they’ve been left touching for any duration, will transfer into the laminate.

I wouldn’t go for the 1370mm wide rollers, as it means you need to be 100% with alignment, easier said than done.

If you come across a super easy laminator buy it immediately, they all have their little quirks 😆

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 11, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Heh, I was more converted to drytac as seems to be better condition.. especially rollers doesn’t look good on easymount/.. What could be reason for this coloration I’m not experience to find faults, and rollers are most important and expensive.. Is easy mount overall better machine then drytac? Its sold well below its used value, so I’m uncertain about it.. Rolls on drytac are unmarked, can’t say same about easymount, why its discolored like that anyway?
    Print only 1300 on vs540i , i know alignment must be ideal on 54inch laminator if run 1370mm prints but if it gets slightly off, it will end up messed or just edges not lamianted and can be trimmed away? Can also use 1300mm laminate, i don’t mind loosing that 10cm of each side of prints..

• Hugh Potter

March 12, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Easy mount all day long for me, plus you can ‘just’ get a 1500 wide panel in there to lay film on!

Easy to use with some practice, I think I posted a video on here on setting up once, videos on you tube but I find they complicate things!

Much easier just buying 1370, print and lam, no messing and easy to get last minute if ordering late in the day!

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 12, 2019 at 11:49 pm
    quote Hugh Potter:

Easy mount all day long for me, plus you can ‘just’ get a 1500 wide panel in there to lay film on!

Easy to use with some practice, I think I posted a video on here on setting up once, videos on you tube but I find they complicate things!

Much easier just buying 1370, print and lam, no messing and easy to get last minute if ordering late in the day!

Ok thanks. I’m just afraid about rollers condition.. As newbie Im unsure if I be able to detect any foult upon viewing, and discolour and condition on photo worries me a bit.. Found also easymount. sign version em1400c for liitle extra but almost new condition, and it’s have roll to roll lamination option as well. Just it’s far away, any thoughts about this one? Also Drytac seems like missing front feed basket with tension control knob, how important is tension on feed printed roll?
    Thanks for advice

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 13, 2019 at 9:18 am

Thinking bout this one, very little use. And media take up on back. It step down model but newer and with take up. Think it’s best option as other easymount looks tired..

• Kevin Mahoney

March 13, 2019 at 10:12 am

I’ve had that one for a couple of years, had the drytac one before that, was pretty good but a bit shoddy in construction. The Easymount one is a better quality build

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 13, 2019 at 10:43 am

Thanks for reply. Confused now :bangshead:
    Easymount.sign 1400 is almost new and got take up on back.. But far and private sale.
    other two can have delivered, refurbish and service – 30 days RTB warranty.
    Wish someone take this decision for me… :yikes:

• David Hammond

March 13, 2019 at 2:36 pm

If it was me, I’d be going for the EM1400.

• Jamie Wood

March 13, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Sorry to hijack, but we are in the market for a new laminator, and wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Needs to be 1600 wide. We currently have a Seal 62 Base, but it’s starting to show it’s age now.

Cheers,
    Jamie

• David Hammond

March 13, 2019 at 3:06 pm

For me, I’d go with Easymount.

Once the rolls are set on the spindles, it’s a doddle to switch between laminates, they’re stored under the machine, the take up unit is worth it too…

Oh and pushed it over once in the workshop, it hit the concrete floor, and it still works faultlessly. 😆

• David Stevenson

March 13, 2019 at 6:49 pm

I’ve been using an easy mount ems1600 for the last 4 years (same style as the last one you posted). Simple to load and gives great results. The discolouration on the rollers that you speak about is most likely when material has stuck to the roller and has been removed again. That has happened so much on ours the original coating is gone. Doesn’t cause any problems at all. Like someone mentioned it’s only if there’s a flat spot or lumps out of them you need to worry.

• Kevin Mahoney

March 13, 2019 at 7:02 pm
    quote Jamie Wood:

Sorry to hijack, but we are in the market for a new laminator, and wondered if anyone has any recommendations. Needs to be 1600 wide. We currently have a Seal 62 Base, but it’s starting to show it’s age now.

Cheers,
    Jamie

I have the Easymount 1620 cold laminator, good bit of kit for the money. Still got the old 54 drytac one, never use any more

• Chris Wilson

March 14, 2019 at 7:52 am
    quote Jamie Wood:

Cheers,
    Jamie

Mounters mate 100%. More I use ours more I love it. Give Omar a shout. I think rob has one to and plenty of others in here.

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 14, 2019 at 8:04 am

Thanks for all imput. Em1400 is gone now. Drytac is not have front media part which should have tension knob on feeding roll so don’t want it. Would try to get that em-s1400c it’s under year old and looks new..

• Kevin Mahoney

March 14, 2019 at 8:37 am

Would suggest buying a 1600 wide, might not need it now but will save going through the same process when you upgrade your printer

• Omar Benmez

March 14, 2019 at 11:22 am

Hi guys

thanks for the recommendation Chris, we are launching a new 1600mm, pneumatic laminator next month very close to the price range being discussed, please get in touch through the mounters mate ad >> and we can send you some more information.

thanks

Omar

• Jamie Wood

March 14, 2019 at 11:25 am
    quote Omar Benmez:

Hi guys

thanks for the recommendation Chris, we are launching a new 1600mm, pneumatic laminator next month very close to the price range being discussed, please get in touch through the mounters mate ad >> and we can send you some more information.

thanks

Omar

Hi Omar,

Thanks, I’ll send an enquiry. Will you be exhibiting at the sign show?

Cheers,
    Jamie

• Omar Benmez

March 14, 2019 at 11:30 am

Hi Jamie

Good question, Sadly not this year, the first year in a long time we have made the decision not to go. Our machines are available for demonstration at our offices in Marlow, buckinghamshire by appointment. alternatively I’m sure I will have a customer close to you who can make a good cuppa! :smiles:

• Robert Lambie

March 14, 2019 at 1:54 pm
    quote Chris Wilson:

Mounters mate 100%. More I use ours more I love it. Give Omar a shout. I think rob has one to and plenty of others in here.

Yes, I have a "mounters mate" also… had a seal one before that for many years.
    the mounters mate is very easy laminator to set up and run true 50 metres roll-to-roll.

would definitely recommend giving Omar a call!

$this->BBvideo_pass(‘$8’, ‘$4’, ‘$7’)

• Carl Morton

March 14, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Mounter mate all day long, had one for a good few years and it’s spot on. Great people to deal with too.

• Mariusz Czarnota

March 14, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Yeah, that will be my next one 😆