Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics DRY WIPE PANEL NEEDED APX 1250MM X 1800MM

• DRY WIPE PANEL NEEDED APX 1250MM X 1800MM

Posted by Jean Oakley on September 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Hi all, was looking to have a print 730mm x 1000mm laminated with drywipe. The customer wants it centre mounted on a panel size above to fit to the wall. He wants to be able to write on the panel. I was looking to mount the print to an aluminium panel and then try to apply drywipe laminate to the board and print in one hit. Not really wanting to do this as i hate the stuff its like clingfilm and on that size i already am having nightmares. Second idea is to drywipe the pint and mount on a drywipe panel. This doesnt need to be fany or framed, I looked at acrylic but been advised this might not work. Alternatively ive been told that the engravers panels white black white can be used as a drywipe panel but is not sold as such. Has anyone ever used this for this purpose or have any other ideas as a way of getting round the problem? They are wanting this urgently as in tomorrow, so need to order today thanks jean

Jean Oakley replied 5 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Luke Culpin

September 19, 2018 at 5:09 pm

We print, laminate & mount these day in day out, very simple process, pretty much the same as a standard sign!

• Jamie Wood

September 21, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Yep, we do loads of these too. Use your usual print vinyl, laminate with dry wipe, then apply to your substrate. If it’s cheap & cheerful, just mount on foamex.

• Robert Lambie

September 23, 2018 at 11:27 pm

We do a lot of these, customised too…
    Standard print to your digital vinyl, laminate the whole thing with dry wipe and mount to composite or whatever.
    we use composite and offer either simple screw holes or to mount on stand off locators which look much better and more professional.
    we also do chalkboard and magnetic etc

• Jean Oakley

September 24, 2018 at 7:58 am

Hi thank you for all your feed back. I know the process just wanted some advice from anyone who had used the engravers panels for drywipe use. And fitting the very thin drywipe laminate over a large board with a smaller print to centre which would be raised on the overall surface. In the end I laminated the print with dry wipe and then fitted to the centre of a bigger engraving panel. Not had any feedback from the customer so hopefully its working.