Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Flexi Sign Software does the dintec 630 work with flexisign 7.5?

• does the dintec 630 work with flexisign 7.5?

Posted by Mickey Hurren on June 21, 2006 at 11:34 pm

I am currently using a dingtec 630 cutter with artcut 2005 although artcut is ok it is a bit limited in use as i need to import ai files (mainly vehicle outlines) into it and have been very unsucessful.
    i have got a copy of flexisign pro v7.5 but it does not list the dingtec cutter in its driver menu! can anyone help?
    regards mickey

Mickey Hurren replied 17 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Joe Mac

July 3, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Hi Mickey.

You need to email the makers (East sign if memory serves) and ask them for the relevant driver for Flexi.

You then unzip it in the correct folder to get it working. Instructions are in the zipped folder.

If you get stuck let me know and I’ll dig it out and email it to you.

I would bin the Artcut software, too! 😀

• David-Foster-

July 4, 2006 at 8:43 am

Hi Mickey

I have been looking for a supplier of Flexisign 7.5. They have a version for Apple Macs. It’s over a grand though isn’t it? Can you let me know a supplier, looking for a discount.

Cheers

Hell, I have just Googled, it’s 3 grand for the Pro version! I would have got a better cutter if you are spending that much on software!

• Mickey Hurren

July 4, 2006 at 8:35 pm

hi joe thanks for your reply. i did email eastsign and they said the driver supplied with the machine would run flexisign! it obviously does not or i have done something wrong! if you could dig out the file you have an email me with it i would be eternally grateful!
    regards mickey 😀

• Mickey Hurren

July 4, 2006 at 8:42 pm

hi david yes the cutter is not the best in the world it is an exact copy of a secabo machine.
    i brought the cutter with all the software but i do think some of the software is not legit 😳
    i brought the cutter to use in my buisness as i do vehicle repairs mainly minibus/coach/commercial repairs so wanted to see how i got on with a cheaper machine before upgrading

regards mickey

• Garrie

July 6, 2006 at 12:39 pm

for a bit of daft you could maybe try the PCUT DMPL driver

http://www.signsupplystore.com/productc … duct=12483

• LOST

July 6, 2006 at 8:04 pm

hi mickey i got a secabo c60 to work in flexisign useing a creation ct 630
    driver u could try the same

• richard everitt

July 13, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Hi Mickey I have the same dingtec and flexisign setup as you and set production Manager on "Hewlett Packard HPGL" and renamed cutter. I tried the p cut setting but it didn’t work :lol1:

• Mickey Hurren

July 13, 2006 at 8:48 pm

Thanks richard for the feedback have tried the driver setup & can get an output to cutter but it cuts from one point leaving a complete mess of cut lines in the vinyl! do u have any other suggestions? it’s really being a pain in the bum!! 😕

• Mickey Hurren

July 18, 2006 at 9:36 pm

hi joe if you could pass on the details of your file regarding flexisign with a dingtec cutter i would be v v v grateful.have tried some of the ideas given to me but to no good trying to get the cutter working properly! the cutter is fine with artcut 2005 but it dont import ai files. 🙁 need to import vehicle outlines as the summer hols is my busy time with minibuses coming in for revamps and resprays! and i need to get the legal lettering on with the logos 😥