Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters does anyone have any info on graphtec ce5000-60 please?

• does anyone have any info on graphtec ce5000-60 please?

Posted by Ade Ward on June 3, 2007 at 9:25 am

Hi All
    Been thinking of upgrading my plotter…
    The workload its taking at the moment is to much i think.
    its done a great job but i feel the time is right to go up the ladder and purchase a Graphtec or similar in the price range.
    Budget wise ive been told there the best.
    Any info would be great..sellers etc..?

many thanks

Ade

Martin Pearson replied 16 years, 10 months ago 11 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • Chris Wool

June 3, 2007 at 10:36 am

the fc7000 130 was my choice 5 months ago spire digital nice people to deal with, oh and out the box plug and go.

chris

• Gareth.Lewis

June 3, 2007 at 7:13 pm

Ade,

Crikey! I thought by now you’d have a million billion positive replies, sorry. Maybe they’ll come flooding in tomorrow when most people are at their desks.

If you do get a graphtec and the stand isn’t included in the price, maybe the stand you have now will suffice, just to save you a couple of bob.

Hope you had a nice time in Swansea!

Cheers,

Gareth

• Brian Hays

June 3, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Gareth, a stand is standard with Graphtec these days 😎

• alan flynn

June 3, 2007 at 7:56 pm

hello ade
    you wont go wrong with a graphtec summa mutoh or mimaki, all good machines, but the summa has 3 year on site warranty and the only machine to give mutoh a run for there money on tracking,
    regards
    alan flynn

• Robert Lambie

June 3, 2007 at 8:10 pm

i have both roland and graphtec cutters. both great machines. one 48inch wide one 54inches wide… from the pair ide say the graphtec has the edge over the roland in a couple of ways. i think the graphtec is built more robust, and tracks further. i think the tracking is down to how easy it is to align with the graphtecs though, simple but very effective loading/alignment.

• Ade Ward

June 3, 2007 at 10:11 pm

thanks all for the comments…
    gonna look into it, graphtec sounds the one from what ive heard here and chatting with Gareth….(cheers mate, Swansea was a blast :punk: great gig)
    Price wise its the best for me i think..
    the puma or jag from grafityp are in that price range, they dont look that robust compared to the graphtec.
    Used a summa 48inch before..was good machine..££££££!! thou 😮
    Happy with the 610max at the mo..

cheers all

Ade

• Shane Drew

June 3, 2007 at 10:22 pm

A mate of mine sold his 610mm graphtec and purchased a 1200mm Jaguar.

He’s had 3 warranty claims in 6 months. He purchased his graphtec back from the guy that bought it, and uses that again, his Jag is under warps and he’s put it up for sale now.

I’ve had both Rolands and Graphtecs myself. I think the Graphtec is built better, but that said, I ‘ve had no problems with either.

• Robert Lambie

June 3, 2007 at 10:26 pm

have to agree with you shane, my roland is older than my graphtec and still running great. i just think the graphtec has the edge over it as a cutter.

• Martin Pearson

June 4, 2007 at 12:30 am

Sorry Ade, I didn’t reply because I am a bit biased. I have only ever used a graphtec plotter so can’t comment on what else would be a good buy. I have certainly not had any real problems with mine and it certainly seems to be pretty good at cutting fruit so should be OK for you :lol1: :lol1:

• Karl Williams

June 4, 2007 at 12:42 am

Ive used Summa for the past 10 years and have no complaints mate.
    My little D610 has never faulted. And I’m as happy as pig in poo with the Summa S-class 120. 😀

• Gareth.Lewis

June 4, 2007 at 9:16 am

Ade,

Like Martin says, I’ve had no experience of any other plotter except a graphtec (apart from my current one) so am probably biased also. Still, the two I did use were superb. When I started using my current plotter (not graphtec) I noticed the noise was much louder than the graphtec so you’ll find the workshop a slightly quieter place if you go ahead and buy one……

Gareth

• Mathew Parrott

June 16, 2007 at 8:33 am

mod-edit

spamming 🙄

• Brian Hays

June 16, 2007 at 8:48 am

Wouldn’t have anything to do with them by chance?

• Mathew Parrott

June 16, 2007 at 9:26 am

mod-edit

spamming 🙄

• Brian Hays

June 16, 2007 at 9:42 am

Might be an idea to introduce yourself in the hello forum then. Tell everyone a little about yourself & what you do. Your 1st 4 posts plugged a company & it gives a strong impression that if it’s not your company it’s somebody you have an association with.

• Shane Drew

June 16, 2007 at 9:54 am
    quote Brian Hays – Impact:

Might be an idea to introduce yourself in the hello forum then. Tell everyone a little about yourself & what you do. Your 1st 4 posts plugged a company & it gives a strong impression that if it’s not your company it’s somebody you have an association with.

Well spotted Sherlock…. It does raise some questions. No one objects to an honest referral of course. Be nice to know you background etc, as Sherlock … er… Brian has already pointed out…

I’d always favour any company that supported UKSB’s with advertising dollars myself.

• Martin Pearson

June 16, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Brian, have to agree with you. I am all for recommending Trade Suppliers like yourself that do a good job and support the members but you are registered as a supplier and everyone knows who you are and what you are selling.
    I have noticed on a few occasions that someone signs up and pushes a company which is little more than an ebay seller trying to make a few extra bucks selling items they have bought from a proper trade supplier themselves.

I’m obviously not saying this is always the case but I have seen it a few times now, fortunately Robert or one of the other moderators are normally pretty quick deleting such posts.

• Glenn Sharp

June 16, 2007 at 3:43 pm

the only thing that disappoints me about the Graphtec cutter we have is the accuracy of cut – if we are cutting facia vinyls about 3m long…the finished cut is short by about 20mm

I know there is a setting to correct this but it never seems to stay right for very long

The cutter we had before this was a Roland & I think that will be the way I will go when the Graphtec needs replacing

• Martin Pearson

June 17, 2007 at 11:10 pm

Glenn, just out of interest what model have you got? Like I said above I have only ever used the one Graphtec machine that I am still using, I plot over 3 mtrs quite often without any problem. In fact the only time I have really had problems have been when I have not taken enough care aligning the vinyl properly and it tracks off a bit. Apart from that it seems fine up to about 5 mtrs but after that it does seem to wander a little but I have only ever had to plot more than 5 mtrs at once a couple of times so it hasn’t really been a problem.

• Glenn Sharp

June 18, 2007 at 7:39 am

Martin,

Our cutter is the CE 3000 – 120

• Martin Pearson

June 18, 2007 at 10:45 am

Glenn, maybe I’ve just been lucky then. I have an FC400-100 which I would suspect is older than your CE3000.