Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers does anyone have any good/bad views with valueJet 1304?

• does anyone have any good/bad views with valueJet 1304?

Posted by Oliver Holmes on August 5, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Hello, I’ve been looking around at different printers and cutters and printer/cutters recently in an aim to setting up my sports graphics printing business. From what I’ve been advised it would appear that a separate printer and cutter is the way to go…

Anyway, I’ve been advised that the Mutoh ValueJet would be a good purchase for what I am looking at doing with it. Does anyone have any views that could help me cement my decision? Good points, bad points, you’d buy it, you wouldn’t, all advise is welcomed.

Many thanks,
    Oliver.

Andre Woodcock replied 15 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Kate Pollard

August 5, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Hi Oliver,

I too have been looking in to getting a valuejet, from what ive read the 1204 seems to be a little prone to going wrong so that leaves the 1304 and the 1604 to choose between, still not sure which one yet. Having a sep plotter and printer is again from what ive read supposed to speed up production time although im not sure of the exact logistics i.e. reloading materials (i think its done on a bar code system)

Ive also been trying to find reputable suppliers you may find the below thread useful Karen purchased a 1204 from spandex and had lots of problems but from what i can see its all from the suppliers end fact is the machine should have been replaced a long time ago

https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=35137

• Neil Herbert

August 6, 2008 at 12:13 am

Hi we have been running a 1604 for about 18 months now and we cannot fault it, best bit of kit we have ever bought. We run a Summa D160 with optical for print and cut works well on plain vinyl and the like but sometimes struggles with over laminated work.

We used Alan Flynn (Flynn Signs) as our supplier good service good deal.

Hope this is of some use.

Neil

• Jason Xuereb

August 6, 2008 at 12:38 am

I have a Roland all in one print and cut.

If the majority of your work is printing laminating then cutting then go for the separate machines.

If you want to print and cut straight away go for the all in one.

• Oliver Holmes

August 7, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for your replies and advice… Looks like I’ll be making a purchase in the near future… Just got to make sure I’m getting the best deal I can find.

Thanks again,
    Oliver.

• Mathew Gibson

August 8, 2008 at 6:47 am

Just my 2pence worth an engineer from a seller of these machines told me to keep clear of anything but the 1604 valuejet the other sizes are not looking at!

• omni_print

August 25, 2008 at 5:21 am

Hi, I just get my new VJ and its fabulous. Even better I find chip simulator for it and now using OEM ink. Saving is more than 50% same quality of print. Together with Ultima cuter I bought in a bundle is just great.

• Andre Woodcock

August 25, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I saw the Oce CS9160 which is a rebranded Mutoh Valuejet 1614 at the Sign & Graphic trade fair in Malaysia on 1-4 august 08. This printer was printing non-stop at a speed of 18sqm. The quality was very high and only time it stops printing was when the technician needed to replace media. I have order one and expect delivery mid September. The VJ 1304 is also nice compact printer and now it is rebranded by Oce and xerox.