Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Flexi Sign Software Die cutting issue got a 1300 wide material but a 600 cutter

• Die cutting issue got a 1300 wide material but a 600 cutter

Posted by DaneRead on May 16, 2008 at 3:55 pm

HI i have a little problem.

I have 1.3mt wide vinyl but i one have a .6mt wide vinyl cutter.

I want to print some die cutting jobs on the 1.3 wide material.

What i would like to do is just print two rows next to each other and then split the vinyl at the end. and then put into my die cutter.

I have an HP8000 and a summa D60pharos.

Flexi does not want to allow me to nest the two jobs next to each other it it has OPUS marks.

I dont really want to split the material and then print becasue of handling it. and finger print marks etc.

I dont want to split the whole role either down to 0.6mt.

Do you know if there is a way i can get around this in flexi?? I tried sending each job separately as 600 wide with the opus marks down each side then i hold it on the list and try and nest the jobs. but flexi wont allow you to nest contour cut jobs together.

Martin Oxenham replied 15 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

May 19, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Other than contacting Scanvec I don’t know what to suggest.
    Do you need to print everything all at once? Could you not print one set of graphics then reload the paper and print the second set with the start point of origin in the opposite corner?
    I know it’s not ideal but you should be able to print both jobs side by side that way.

• Kevin Flowers

May 19, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Dane
    use Summa Win Plot make your design in flexi & put contour cut on, place registration marks on each corner of each design, 5mm squares (there is a limit between each reg mark so you may need to add extra reg marks subject to length of design) Select Reg marks & cut line & copy, paste on to new page & save as an AI file. Print designs next to each other cut vinyl in half & put in plotter. Open Win Plot, open saved AI file & cut.
    I have a feeling i’ve missed a few steps its been a while that i’ve used my summa for contour cutting but i’m sure you’ll fine the program & all the help files on Summas site. I’m presuming your cutter as an opus system if not forget what i’ve just said.

Hope this helps

Kev

• DaneRead

May 20, 2008 at 9:01 am

thanks kevin i will try that.

I dont really like the the win plot but it may be my only option.

How does winplot determine what the opus marks are and the contor cut lines

Do you have to make them a different colour or something??

• Kevin Flowers

May 20, 2008 at 9:04 am

Dane
    can’t remember it all but if you use solid black 5mm squares at each corner and add extras every 600mm along the design length, contour line in Flexi as normal then seperate from image copy reg marks & contour line paste on to new page & save as an AI. Winplot will then read the AI file when you open it in Winplot. If i remember correctly align over the first square then it all works from Win Plot. As i said been along while but it should be in the help files

Kev

• Martin Oxenham

May 30, 2008 at 7:54 am

Iam sure we’ve done this from flexi a few years ago but did not use Winplot. I know that it works cos we’ve never used Winplot.
    But you have to manually line up all four marks. Check within Flexi or Suma cutter control not Winplot.