Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl DeTape 450 Removable Vinyl Lifting

• Ruel Maxwell

July 26, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Could it be that you’re rolling it with the artwork facing in maybe you could try rolling it with the tape on the outside so it keeps a bit of tension on the tape it shouldn’t lift

• Jasper McEwan

July 27, 2017 at 5:22 am

Some paints are more difficult to stick too. e.g. satin paint can be a nightmare.

I know some of my customers when doing full wall coverings actually use a very high tac vinyl to overcome that, however I guess with cut graphics your customer is likely to want to be able to remove with little/no residue?

• George Neagu

July 27, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Oh, what a coincidence.

I have received an email from one of my buyers that their gold stickers bought in January 2017 are peeling off although the pink ones are fine.
    Both were produced on deTape 450 from MDP.

I am currently talking to them but they say it seems to be an installation error because it’s first complaint and I have to admit, I made 100s or 1000s of these and, touch wood, it’s first complaint for me too.

However, I checked the roll because I still have some left and the adhesive is faint compared with other colours. I put a piece on the wall and doesn’t stick well but I left it on to see what happens.

Sadly, I think I’ll have to got an extra £ and move on and buy popular brands like Oracal, Avery or MACcal.

In your case it might not have anything to do with the vinyl itself but with the paint, see my old post here: post479354.html?hilit=voc#p479354

Attachments:

• Mark Banks

July 28, 2017 at 5:44 am

I had a similar problem with 3M Silver just would not stick yet all other colours in the series were fine.