Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Cutting Master 2 not connecting to Graphtec FC7000-130

• Cutting Master 2 not connecting to Graphtec FC7000-130

Posted by Neil English on July 10, 2009 at 10:26 am

Hello,

Hopefully someone may be able to help?

I am having problems with cutting using Cutting Master 2, Corel X3 and a Graphtec FC7000-130.

Basically the cutting master 2 software isnt recognizing the cutter, when I try and get the poll size I get the error message "cutter is not responding to poll size" also when I go to cut the message "Cannot open port" comes up.

I have downloaded the latest drivers and cutting master 2 latest version, I have repaired the Corel X3 install, reinstalled all software and driver, still no joy.

I am using the USB connection, also using windows XP.

I know it does work, as it was working before!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Neil 😀

David-Foster- replied 14 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Mark Jahn

July 10, 2009 at 10:34 am

Does the cutter show up within your printers in Control Panel Neil? And if so, when it’s turned on does it show as online?

Sounds like a possible connection problem with the usb cable – can you cut using any other software – even the basic stuff that came with your Graphtec?

• Neil English

July 10, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hello, thanks for your quick reply,

Yes the cutter does show up, and is online.

I can cut using sign tools 3 with the usb.

• Neil English

July 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Problem fixed!

I was using Cutting Master 2 v 1.6 the latest version with Corel X3

Decided to find v 1.5 and give that a try, and touch wood no more problems. 😀

• David-Foster-

July 14, 2009 at 3:15 pm

What is the difference between cutting with Cutting Master and Sign Tools 3? I just thought if you are using Sign Tools no need for Cutting Master?

• Neil English

July 14, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Sign Tools 3 will only cut a maximum length of 3.2m. Sometimes I need to cut longer lengths than that.

• David-Foster-

July 14, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Aaahh, thanks Neil, good to know, even if I doubt I will be cutting longer than 3.2m 😮