Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions File Swapping Curved bonnet stripe template for 2002 MINI

• Curved bonnet stripe template for 2002 MINI

Posted by John Dorling on October 12, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hi All

I have done a search and not been able to find quite the right thing – I have been asked to do some Mini bonnet stripes. In 5 years I have never fitted any! Does anyone have a template for them with a curve in so they look straight when fitted? Cheeky I know, but don’t ask, don’t get!

Thanks

John

Richard Urquhart replied 11 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • David Rowland

October 12, 2012 at 2:46 pm

wonder if a laser pointer would work.. hmm

• David Rogers

October 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Never really had issues with them looking wonky…done a few different styles.

Always just done them straight….

Dave

Attachments:

• Adrian Hewson

October 12, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Dont really understand this although I am not a fitter, we have beeen doing minis for our local BMW garage since they started selling minis and we have never come across this as a problem, sometimes they supply the kit or we supply the kit, we must do 3-5 a week ???

• Chris Windebank

October 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Search the boards John, The stripes are indeed curved and fit aprox 35mm from the washer nozzle and 170mm from the edge of the badge )on the font edge). These are the normal bonnet stripes and not the viper stripes all are mentioning.
    Am sure a template was posted here for these, if not give me your email and see what I can do

• John Dorling

October 16, 2012 at 9:10 am

Hi Chris

Thanks – that’s what I thought. I was referring to the ‘classic’ style stripes rather than the viper style as you said.

I have had a good search and not found anything yet. It’s becoming one of those jobs I wish I hadn’t said yes to!

John

• Adrian Hewson

October 16, 2012 at 9:24 am

I confirm these are straight not curved !!!!

• Chris Windebank

October 16, 2012 at 12:04 pm

done many of these and are curved

• Richard Urquhart

October 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm

These are NOT straight and are different at both ends

Attachments: