Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters CS 630 distortion/inaccurate

• CS 630 distortion/inaccurate

Posted by Kelvin.Rawles on February 28, 2010 at 8:09 am

Hi

I bought a cs630 from what I now know was the wrong source (a guy that also sells on an auction site).

After a nightmare story trying to get it to work it now cuts, BUT, I’ve noticed that it’s distorting everything. The X axis is fine but the Y axis is compressed by A LOT. Its completely unusable

e.g cut a rectangle 250mm square and its 250mm x 239.

I happens on everything I cut, yet if I use exactly the same file etc (Flexisign ) and sent it to my old Houston cutter it’s perfect.

Does this look like a faulty machine? or is there a setting somewhere (i’ve reset the cutter to default settings but no change).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kelvin

Kelvin.Rawles replied 14 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Neil Speirs

February 28, 2010 at 10:23 am

Have u contacted the seller yet about your problem?

• Kelvin.Rawles

February 28, 2010 at 10:58 am

Hi

Yes but as I mentioned I should have known better and I bought it from a guy that I now know should have stuck to being an Ink Salesman!

To be fair to him, he does try. I have had huge problems in getting it working and he did agree at one point that it was faulty and he took the cutter back but instead of sending me another one as he said he would, he sent the same one back WITH an old PC that he had it working with. That was his solution to the problem. He does try. I have emailed him but it IS Sunday and I wasnt that hopeful of getting a sensible reply anyway .

(on the other hand, when I got it back I noticed some threaded holes where screws should be and although I can’t be sure it’s not supposed to be like that, it does look as though someone has been messing around with it. I am not a happy bunny at all with this as a new machine)

Anyway I’ve solved the dimension problem myself, or at least found the workaround.

I found that Flexi has a menu for output size compensation (even though I can’t find any reference to it in the flexi help files).

Quite why it should be so far out to start with I don’t know (other than its not a ‘proper’ machine :-). But I’ve set the values in Production manager and it seems to cut accurately now.

• Chris Wool

February 28, 2010 at 11:03 am

on most plotters is a calibration value. resetting the defaults should zero this.
    the calibration only alters the roll direction as across should always be correct.
    if you can find this in the menu i would expect yours to be set at -1%.
    contact the seller and have a good moan the average plotter is between.
    0-3mm out in 1000mm travel.

chris

• Neil Speirs

February 28, 2010 at 11:04 am

Sounds like you’ve had a nightmare time with it, glad u have it working now anyway 😀

If I was you I’d start saving the pennies though just incase 😉

• Kelvin.Rawles

February 28, 2010 at 11:05 am

Hi

Yes but as I mentioned I should have known better and I bought it from a guy that I now know should have stuck to being an Ink Salesman!

To be fair to him, he does try. I have had huge problems in getting it working and he did agree at one point that it was faulty and he took the cutter back but instead of sending me another one as he said he would, he sent the same one back WITH an old PC that he had it working with. That was his solution to the problem. He does try. I have emailed him but it IS Sunday and I wasnt that hopeful of getting a sensible reply anyway .

(on the other hand, when I got it back I noticed some threaded holes where screws should be and although I can’t be sure it’s not supposed to be like that, it does look as though someone has been messing around with it. I am not a happy bunny at all with this as a new machine)

Anyway I’ve solved the dimension problem myself, or at least found the workaround.

I found that Flexi has a menu for output size compensation (even though I can’t find any reference to it in the flexi help files).

Quite why it should be so far out to start with I don’t know (other than its not a ‘proper’ machine :-). But I’ve set the values in Production manager and it seems to cut accurately now.

• Chris Whitehead

March 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm

When the plotter is offline, on the menu, are the x and y figures the same?

• Kelvin.Rawles

March 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Hi,

There doesnt seem to be any such menu on the cutter (cs630)
    There is a y cut length, which just seems to report how much material has been advanced (i think), all you can do is zero it.

I’ve now compensated in flexi and it will cut accurately but in its ‘raw state’ it is 44mm out over 1000mm.

And get this – the supplier’s solution is that I should check that the baud rate is set to 38400 and ‘Hardware’ is off. Would I be right in thinking that the guy hasnt got a clue?

There is very little that seems possible on the cutter menu. Only force, speed, reset defaults, install USB, execute file (from SD card) and Y cut length.

The other thing is that sometimes on fast advance the stepper motor stalls, and basically screws up the positioning from that point on.
    Speed setting only affect cut speed and there seems no way of making it go slower when it moves between cuts.