Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Graphic Design Help Crop/Resizing 200pictures.

• Crop/Resizing 200pictures.

Posted by David Hammond on June 6, 2011 at 10:30 am

I have a client looking to make a background with about 200 images supplied by them.

The just want the background to look tiled, with each image being a square.

What is the best way to re-size or crop the images?
    How would you place the images in the background?

I am using Illustrator CS5, and have BridgeCS5?

I am trying to save time on doing them all manually.

Robert Kulawik replied 12 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • OwenTaylor

June 6, 2011 at 11:10 am

You could set up a macro operation in photoshop so that it will resize the document and save as in one operation. Open all the images as a batch then it’s one click for each image and they will be saved to a specific location. Then import them into illustrator and as they are all the same size, use smart guides to align them all.

You could do it with clipping masks in illustrator but the file size might end up huge.

• David Hammond

June 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

Tried doing it as a batch, but because the images are all different sizes to start with, and the main focus of the image are all over the frame, I didn’t get good results.

Just flown through them and done them by hand… fingers are aching.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

June 6, 2011 at 11:12 am

There are plenty of free mosaic plug ins and software out there to create the image for you

• OwenTaylor

June 6, 2011 at 11:16 am

Yeah I thought that might be an issue. I’ve tried the free mosaic software but the issue is still the same as the software doesn’t recognise the important bits of the original image.

Oh well, good luck.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

June 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

yeah, but ok now he has cropped them down

• David Hammond

June 6, 2011 at 11:40 am

I have search mosaic plug ins, can find ones which will split the same image, but not tile several?

Got them cropped, so just need to piece them together…

• Jason Xuereb

June 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm

http://picasa.google.com/

Its free.

Then import the output to photoshop.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

June 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm

You can use photoshop,

Go to file-automate-picture package and set it up for the page size and however many images and sizes you want etc, then just point at the directory or file with the images in and "Roberts your Relative"

If you have CS5 or above you will need to download the optional plug ins first as they don’t come packaged any more. It’s simple tho I just downloaded it

BigMo

• David Hammond

June 6, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Downloaded the plugs, but still no sign of the one I need…

I am running on a mac, and it does state it needs to run photoshop in 32bit mode not 64? I dunno?

• Mo Gillis-Coates

June 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm

There are plenty of tutorials on the web that can show you how to get it set up properly

• Robert Kulawik

June 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm
    quote Mo Gillis-Coates:

…”Roberts your Relative”…

BigMo

:rofl: :rofl: