Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Creation pcut 630 cut depth

• Creation pcut 630 cut depth

Posted by Sam Millin on May 9, 2007 at 4:27 pm

hi,

Does anyone know what thickness of material the Creation pcut 630 can comfortably cut through?

thanks

Sam

Hugh Potter replied 17 years ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

May 9, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Depends what type of material you want to cut.

• Sam Millin

May 9, 2007 at 4:36 pm
    quote martin:

Depends what type of material you want to cut.

hi,

I’m thinking about 1mm sheet of acetate.

cheers

Sam

• Robert Lambie

May 9, 2007 at 4:42 pm

no disrespect mate but i doubt it will do that. if it does your machine will be knackered in no time.
    i could be wrong of course because i have no real knowledge of these machines, but i do know they are from the lower end of the cutter market, but i doubt even the better cutting machines on the go would do the job.

• Martin Pearson

May 9, 2007 at 4:43 pm

Probably not as to cut something like that you would need a different type of blade and a plotter with a tangential cutting mode but you could always give it a try.

• Garrie

May 9, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hi,

I’ve cut LG reflective on mines before no bother, that is as thick as I really need to go at the moment.

Help this helps

EDIT – Opps you guys are fast, went to reply to post, got waylaid by a tea break

• Sam Millin

May 9, 2007 at 4:49 pm

hi,

Infact this stuff isn’t a mill thick, just taken a proper look and its about .25 of a mill.

How does that sound?

cheers

Sam

• Robert Lambie

May 9, 2007 at 5:35 pm

i know some cutters (good ones) will cut through the carrying paper, pounce patterns in tangental mode and the like, some cut card and i know some even cut magnetic roll. however, although these machines are capable of this, they are not "built" for it being cut continually. carriage heads and other parts will become loose, maybe even break if you push your luck.
    i am guessing you want to score and snap the acetate? if i were to try it i would do it in repeat steps, gently putting the pressure up after several passes. still, i would NOT advise it….
    vinyl cutters will cut "vinyl" don’t push the machine to the max or it will be short lived, especially the budget models.
    if vinyl cutters were more than capable of cutting hard materials like this then nobody would have brought out the "flat-bed" cutters… these are geared at much heavier pressure when cutting the likes of 3M diamond grade and the like… to buy one of these you will look at about £6000 upwards…

• Hugh Potter

May 9, 2007 at 11:59 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

i know some cutters (good ones) will cut through the carrying paper,

funny you mention that Rob,

I just wrecked 40 carbon vinyl decals (customer website tags for vehicles), i forgot to reset the cutter depth and pressure after cutting some nikkalite, set it off and went up to the house for a coffee,

1/2hr later it was just finishing (lots o silly small text), but scattered on the floor (rather like confetti) were dozens of little letters complete with backing ! luckily this hasn’t wrecked my cutting strip, but it did mean 40 (well..42) useless decals, those that were complete were still too deep to weed !

went to re-do them this am and the laptop kept shutting down, grrrr ! must get a back-up pc for the lappy, and a spare blade holders for diffeent materials !