Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Corel X6 & PC-600 Spot Colour Printing

• Corel X6 & PC-600 Spot Colour Printing

Posted by Alex Pirozek on June 6, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Looking for a bit of advice really but since upgrading from Corel X4 to X6 I have a strange issue with Corel X6 and Roland PC-600 spot colour printing.
    In X6 I’m using the PC-60/PC-600 colour palette that was used in X4 and assigning each object with a spot colour from this palette.
    All the RGB values in this palette are the same as the palette in X4
    I’m also still using the installed printer driver from Roland for the PC-600 that works fine on X4
    When I try to print to the PC-600 it will only print the design in Process CMYK using the four CMYK carts and not with the individual spot colour carts with the colours that are in the design.
    Don’t know if it’s to do with the colour management as it’s all on default on X6, and X4 has different settings.
    The only thing that I’ve managed to see (at the moment) is a extra tab has been added to the print driver settings called “color” and in there is a button to print composite (which I can’t un-tick)

Can anyone shed any light on this or am I missing something obvious?

I’ll have another good look at all the settings and try to get to the bottom of it tomorrow, it’s just typical when you need to get a job out today in a rush you find these things and spend hours going round in circles.

Thanks in advance
    Al.

Attachments:

David Rowland replied 11 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Alan Drury

June 7, 2012 at 8:03 am

X5/X6 had a major re-write regarding colour management over X4 but there is a setting under tools – colour management – default settings. Look for the presets drop down and at the bottom is simulate corel Draw Graphics Suit X4.
    I’m not saying that will help as I’ve no experience with the P600 but it may. If you continue to have problems go to http://www.coreldraw.com and post the question there,
    Alan d

• David Rowland

June 7, 2012 at 10:54 am

interesting.. not sure what to suggest Alex. Where it is, "Process Spot colours as CMYK" is what I will be looking for.

• Alex Pirozek

June 7, 2012 at 11:02 am

Thanks for the info Alan,
    Bit of an update so far,

The preset was set to simulate Corel X4, the other thing i noticed is that the spot colours in the palette in fact have the correct RGB values but on the individual colour there’s an added setting to treat that colour as process or spot. I edited each spot colour to treat as spot, i also ticked the preserve RGB values on the color tab in the print settings as leaving it un-ticked it printed process again.

So far i think that’s sorted it as it finally looks for and picks up each spot cart and prints a solid spot.

Fingers crossed…….until the next !!

Al.

• David Rowland

June 7, 2012 at 11:59 am

that sounds like it… each colour should have a box in the corner on the palette to indicate that it is a spot colour.