Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Corel Software Corel draw x5 with graphtec ce5000

• Corel draw x5 with graphtec ce5000

Posted by Kevin Parr on April 17, 2010 at 8:54 am

Has any one used x5 yet and cut anything out with a graphtec ce5000.As i have updated to the new corel draw x5 and my cutter does not want to recognize my cutter i have been using x4 with no problems any help would be great thanks

Alan Drury replied 13 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • David Rowland

April 17, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Cutting Master 2 still not updated for X5…. they need to hurry up

install both for now

• Kevin Parr

April 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Many thanks Dave i was worried that it was just me.Yeah ill keep using x4 for now thanks
    again

• Alan Drury

April 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Daves right cutting Master not updated yet but X4 and X5 can be on the same machine ok.

Just for Summa users – Winplot/cut will work with X5 but needs a minor tweak to get working.
    Alan D

• Kristan Reddick

May 17, 2010 at 11:41 pm

As I’m about to buy a CE5000-60 I tried asking Graphtec about support for Corel X5. Unfortunately Graphtec GB have not replied to any emails, but their US office were very quick and sent me this today:

Cutting Master 2 v1.70 is beta right now and it works a with full retail version of CorelDraw X5. Trial version or internet download version may not work. Please check our website for final release in the coming months, thank you.

v1.70 is available to download from the US website, http://www.graphteccorp.com

• Alan Drury

May 18, 2010 at 7:32 am

I had no reply from Graphtec in the UK when I made an equiry about Cutting Master.
    I can’t find 1.70 from your link, I can only filter through to 1.6. I just hope 1.7 is a better effort than 1.6 which was not that good and was slow unless you had a mega machine to run it.
    Alan D

• David Rowland

May 18, 2010 at 8:04 am

1.70 is there, can someone test before I do? lol
    http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/sof … tters.html

• Alan Drury

May 18, 2010 at 10:21 am

Thanks Dave, I’m so brave I think I’ll try on an old computer first.
    Alan D

• Kevin Parr

May 21, 2010 at 12:16 am

ive tried it on my backup pc and no joy

• Kristan Reddick

July 7, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Having just received our new CE5000-60 and Corel X5, I had a look on the american Graphtec sites on the off chance they’d updated cutting master, and surprisingly they have!

Cutting Master 2, v1.71 is now available on the Graphtec America site:
    http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

or a direct link to the download:
    http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_ … -Master2(W)ver171(CorelX5).zip

I’ve loaded this on a PC running Vista and a fresh install of CorelDraw X5 and it worked straight away.

😀

• David Rowland

July 7, 2010 at 7:11 pm

ah that good.

Well Graphtech GB failed to reply to email, twice i tried so they are NOT monitoring their email

The 1.7 version I tried last month, I upgraded to it, but what I found is the Cutter seems to cut a strip off at the beginning of a cut?! something to do with Crossings and doesn’t remember the settings.

The other problem is the cutter will not cut "selected only" items.

I have a look at 1.71 soon

• Alan Drury

July 8, 2010 at 7:49 am

Dave. the selected items issue has been a problem for a while with Cutting Master and speed issues are because apparently it looks at every object on the page regardless of what you want to cut. I worked round it to a point by using layers in Corel, setting them as printable and non printable.

Hopefully the latest version of Cutting Master will be an improvement on that.
    Alan D

• David Rowland

July 8, 2010 at 9:11 am

Selected items worked in the last version i had… i know it was a corel script which is a little buggy and it used to slow right down, never did fine tune it 😉

• Kristan Reddick

July 8, 2010 at 11:19 am

selected items seems to work ok with 1.71. I can’t compare the speed with any previous versions as i’m new to this, but it will be interesting to see if you think it’s any better.

• Alan Drury

July 8, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Put a few small jobs through cutting master and it seems a fair bit better than previous. Only snag I have now is that Cutting Master only works with gpgl and Signlab works best with the hpgl driver, not a big deal changing plotter language though.
    Alan D