Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing Corel and using a Ricoh GX5050N? Need a bit of advice please

• Corel and using a Ricoh GX5050N? Need a bit of advice please

Posted by JaneGaul on September 29, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Hello all

I’ve got a Ricoh GX5050n, prints out well, but the finished article (e.g. the mousemat I’ve pressed onto) always has a greenish tinge!

I am using Corel 9, and there doesn’t seem to be any options to choose what to print onto, I know with other sublimation printers you can choose what you’re printing onto, there was drop down lists for mousemats, t-shirts, mugs, etc.

I am wondering whether I need a different version of Corel in order to be able to organise the colour management and printing options? As you can tell I’m new to this and would welcome any help!

Also I am very confused … there is an ICC profile and a Powerdriver profile … do these both need to be installed?

Many thanks
    Jane

John Gregson replied 13 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • John Gregson

September 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

You have to use the icc profile, not the powerdriver. If you don’t have the profile installed you’re going to get strange results with your colours.

Cheers John

• JaneGaul

September 30, 2010 at 10:50 am

Thanks John, I think I automatically installed the Powerdriver when I installed the rest of the setup and ICC profile, should I start again and not install the powerdriver this time?

Many thanks for your help.

Jane

• John Gregson

September 30, 2010 at 3:40 pm

The 5050n doesn’t work with the powerdriver software – only the icc profile. Go to youtube and do a search for Ricoh 5050n dye sublimation and see what it brings up. I set mine up with the help of the vids on youtube, think it was the conde vids that were of help and it shows you how to install the profile.

Cheers John