Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers corel 13 & pc 600

• corel 13 & pc 600

Posted by Jeffro Marshall on June 26, 2006 at 12:38 am

Just wondering if there’s anyone out there running Corel 13 with a roland pc 600. I can export from Corel 13 to RCR a jpeg file and print it fine but are having issues assigning my CutContour line in Corel, its doing weird stuff like right click on the CutContour colour to give the object a pin line but no colour shows.
    Any helps/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I still have Corel 11 loaded on another system so i can still print and cut from that but would like to sort this issue out with 13.

Kind Regards
    Jeff

SteveW replied 17 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

June 26, 2006 at 7:56 am

Have you checked that your contour line is not sitting behind the image you are printing?

Try this – In wire frame mode select the contour only and arrange to front. Now return to normal view and assign your pin line colour.

• Jeffro Marshall

June 26, 2006 at 8:34 am

Thanks for that Phill but no joy. All iam trying to send is a simple box just for testing purposes so the idea of it being underneath another object is ruled out. There is something funny going on with the colour pallet, i will try to explain it best i can………… In the colour pallet i have a magenta colour called CutContour, when left clicking on the colour and selecting the box to fill with the CutContour colour it doesnt colour it, like wise if i right click on the colour to put it as a hair line it does the same thing, no colour hairline. I feel ive exhausted alot of methods in the colour pallet but dam well know that it will probably be a stupid little check box somewhere that needs to be checked.
    Hopefully someone out there might be having the same issue as me with Corel 13 and cut contour

• SteveW

June 26, 2006 at 11:42 am

Hi Jeffro,

Are you using the colour rip software from roland or using the native colourcamm windows driver?

If you are using the standard RIP software you should have a colour palette you need to import to use for cut lines, just making a magenta cut line and calling it contour cut will not work. Also you d have to turn off colour management other wise this changes the colour profiles and the machine will not recognise the pallet you imported.

If your using the native printer driver all you need to do is use magenta (or any other colour you want) then in the printer settings make sure that colour is used for the cut line.

Also it could be an issue with the program, maybe the cut line is broken somewhere, so you could try to remake it.

You may of tried all this already but if not some pointers for you 🙂

• Jeffro Marshall

June 26, 2006 at 11:27 pm

Thanks Steve, yes I’m using RCR and have imported the roland colour pallet but haven’t try ed turning colour management off, i will dig around to see where you do that and give it a go.

Cheers mate

• Jeffro Marshall

June 26, 2006 at 11:41 pm

Just tryed turning off colour management, didnt work, just prints the hair line colour 🙁

• SteveW

June 27, 2006 at 8:08 am

hmmm.. right atleast its recognising the line now, i think its something to do with the way the colour pallete works, perhaps its different with this newer version of corel, have you tried to see if there is a new supported colour pallete on the roland DG website for the rip software, as they may have had to make a new colour palette file?

http://dg4.roland.co.jp/en/downnew.html