Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Compatible inks Mimaki CJV150-160

• Compatible inks Mimaki CJV150-160

Posted by Charlotte Wallbank on November 20, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Hi all

I have a little printing business that’s slowly starting to gain traction, I print wallpapers and stickers, which is great. However I’m really starting to use an awful lot of ink and I currently buy my ink from Amari Digital. Its extortionate and while I do not want to skimp on quality I was wandering if anyone uses compatible inks that they could recommend. (my printer in under warranty until Feb 22.

Thank you

Charlotte

Joe Killeen replied 2 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Graham Scanlan

November 20, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Hi Charlotte

Over the years if seen a lot of 3rd party inks come and go, however Nazdar compatible inks have a great reputation and should cost £55 / £60 a cartridge. They are matched to oem inks so all colours should be the same. Speak to QPS in Burscough. Chris sells brand new mimaki printers with the nazdar option

• David Wilde

November 21, 2021 at 8:56 am

We run 3 printers using different inks. Previously used 3rd party inks and had nothing but problems (the worst being a printhead replacement- although that was some time ago so no doubt things have improved since).

These days I will only use the manufacturers inks. Ink isn’t expensive providing you are costing your jobs correctly. In my opinion, ink is a product which we sell, not a running cost. I personally wouldn’t take the risk with 3rd party ink but I know others on here are doing fine with them.

• Colin Crabb

November 21, 2021 at 9:24 am

Same as David, we got burnt by using 3rd party inks, with supplier wriggling out of the ‘warranty offered’ to the tune of £2000+

Would never use 3rd party ink to save a few ££ again, just cost jobs correctly and promote yourself on quality.

I always talk to my ink supplier(s) and get the price low as possible, even if this means ordering a few cartridges or sets at a time to sweeten the deal.

• Jamie Wood

November 22, 2021 at 8:54 am

Don’t do it. Suppliers will all say that their 3rd party ink is ideal, but it isn’t. Try some different suppliers for your OEM ink. When we had Mimaki machines, we were paying £78.00 per cartridge.

• Charlotte Wallbank

November 22, 2021 at 10:50 am

Hi Jamie

Where were you buying them from?

Kind Regards

Charlotte

• Jamie Wood

November 22, 2021 at 12:04 pm

We used i-Sub in Kettering, and before that, ADAPT. This was a couple of years ago, but may be worth a try to see if you can get a better price. Do you mind me asking how much you are paying? I can ring my old contact at i-Sub, and see how much they are now.

• Joe Killeen

November 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Ran a Roland on Marabu inks for around 5 years, sold the printer and the new owner is still using the same ink, and still on the same print heads, one of two things good ink or a one off printer that’s unbreakable. Our replacement Mimaki is on OEM at €99 for 440ml cart.

I changed my mind set to if you have to scrimp on the running of the printer your not charging enough for the work and now I am doing less for more profit.

As someone on here said on another post the ink and vinyl are already the cheapest part of any job, your time is the most expensive cost in the job. Don’t sell cheap just to get work.

Good Luck

Joe