Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers colour banding HP laser 5500

• colour banding HP laser 5500

Posted by Mo Gillis-Coates on September 29, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Hi guys, no idea what happened but she was printing fine, I managed to output a job wrong for some reason and then it started color banding across the page, the normal test print is fine but anything that is printed in full color seems to get colored lines across it…

Any ideas or would a picture help?

No cleaning options on laser either, I have managed to clean the sensor and the fuser unit,…

Sorry I have absolutely no experience in laser printing!

Cheers
    Big Mo

Mo Gillis-Coates replied 12 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Andrew Martin

September 29, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Mo.. heres a link to the service manual for the HP 5500 laserjet

http://www.freeprintermanuals.com/PM/HP … Manual.pdf

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 29, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Thanks andrew, I think I have this, and cant help thinking Iv’e made a mess of it..lol

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 29, 2011 at 10:26 pm

so after doing diagnostics, looks like magenta and cyan are the two colours banding, the lines are identical on both pages….

Did i break something?

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm

also didnt realise the toners where £200 plus…lol owch

• Chris Wool

September 30, 2011 at 8:42 am

i did try and warn you 😮

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 9:21 am
    quote Chris Wool:

i did try and warn you 😮

you did chris you did….lol looking into a contract today.

is this a normal price for toner or are there other machines that are much cheaper for toner?

(I can get good compatibles for 70-90 so looking at that as only an add on machine, not really looking to make money out of it, it’s just for our own promo material)

• Chris Wool

September 30, 2011 at 9:29 am

think refill bottle and chip deals on dodar can be messy may be worth a punt

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 9:30 am

we like messy…lol thanks chris

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 1:33 pm

well did a calibration and it got better, just ran another diagnostics print and its back….. looks like the cyan and magenta cartridges are producing the same lines. Nothing on black and yellow

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 4:36 pm

damn, something must be up, the banding is horizontal and I cant seem to clear it, even after calibration and cleaning.. Must have busted something 🙁

• Chris Wool

September 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

did you remove and touch with anything the image drums it has a green glass looking tube in it.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm

dont think so chris, this was happening before i took it apart to clean… need a new image drum? It’s still got a warranty on it

Is that the things inside the carts?

• Chris Wool

September 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm

on mine the image drums are under the toner carts.
    are the lines random or about 75mm apart going across the page or lines going in the direction of the paper path. length ways

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 5:13 pm

they are kind of random, but always the same on each page, and they run across the paper path.. just magenta and cyan

• Mo Gillis-Coates

September 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

does this help? to be honest, I think Ive about had enough of printers this last 2 weeks, they have all had problems lol

Attachments: