Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Color Camm PC600/60 ribbon recommendations

• Color Camm PC600/60 ribbon recommendations

Posted by Jeremy Howes on March 10, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Hello,
    I am experiencing increasing problems with replacement ribbons from PrintOne, today the mirror silver that I installed began creasing during printing, even when I dropped the temp by using a blue ribbon bar code, has anyone experienced this and changed back to Roland carts, and if so, who supplies them?

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Fabrice Menard replied 13 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Paul S Martin

March 11, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Hi Mate

Chris gave me this chaps web site and can say that he’s on the ball for Roland’s ribbons and dose do some discount also 😀 his name is Simon and the link is below, phone number 01380 871962

And yes I was also having problems with print one ribbons breaking all the time, and was told it was due to the new firmware that was loaded when my head was replaced 👿 .

http://www.spire-digital.co.uk

All the best
    Paul 😉

• Jeremy Howes

March 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Hi Paul,
    Many thanks to you for your reply and to the others that pm’d and telephoned me with Roland ribbon supplier information.

A very grateful
    Jeremy

• Alex Pirozek

March 11, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I’ve only had issues towards the last 10 or so metres on the ribbon with creasing, also I haven’t been able to print a good white
.ever!
    One thing you can try is

On Roland PC-600 you can change the Print Head Temp from the front Control Panel.
    You can set Temp in only 2 steps, a high and a low one.

To regulate temp is useful when you cannot print with some covering colours because of the low ambient temp or new print head.
    You also can solve the braking ribbon problem by lower the temp.
    To operate more significant Temp changes is necessary to use TEIOUT program and the correct file for your head.

Instructions
    To set to the HIGH step:

Turn off the plotter by control panel button

Press together “HEAD CLEANING”+”CURSOR UP”+”POWER ON BUTTON” for a little while and release immediately all 3 buttons. The plotter has not to turn on and you have to ear a “BIP”. Now the Temp is set to high step

To set to the LOW step:

Turn off the plotter by control panel button;
    Press together “HEAD CLEANING”+”CURSOR DOWN”+”POWER ON
    BUTTON” for a little while and release immediately all 3 buttons. The plotter has not to turn on and you have to ear a “BIP”. Now the Temp is set to low step.

I also have the ribbon saver switched off as I found that snapped ribbons in white space with all the stop/ starting.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

• Jeremy Howes

March 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Hello Alex,
    Thank you for your suggestion, have you successfully printed the PrintOne mirror silver by lowering the print head temp?

Thanks again
    Jeremy

• Alex Pirozek

March 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Jeremy,
    I’ve found the metallic silver from print one or the "E" auction site prints really well on all types of vinyl.
    The mirror silver type sometimes is patchy and a little flakey on the edges but most of the time is prints perfect on white vinyl. I print on a variety of vinyl’s mainly white but also alot on chrome/ polyester type vinyl with good results. As mentioned before the only colour I’ve really had trouble with is white but i think this is down to the ribbon refill rather than the vinyl or head temp?
    Also if your problem is snapping ribbons then it could be other issues other than temperature of the head, there’s a few other suggestions i think that’s listed in the service manual regarding snapping ribbons.

Alex.

• Paul S Martin

March 12, 2010 at 8:00 am
    quote Alex Pirozek:

I’ve only had issues towards the last 10 or so metres on the ribbon with creasing, also I haven’t been able to print a good white
.ever!
    One thing you can try is

On Roland PC-600 you can change the Print Head Temp from the front Control Panel.
    You can set Temp in only 2 steps, a high and a low one.

To regulate temp is useful when you cannot print with some covering colours because of the low ambient temp or new print head.
    You also can solve the braking ribbon problem by lower the temp.
    To operate more significant Temp changes is necessary to use TEIOUT program and the correct file for your head.

Instructions
    To set to the HIGH step:

Turn off the plotter by control panel button

Press together “HEAD CLEANING”+”CURSOR UP”+”POWER ON BUTTON” for a little while and release immediately all 3 buttons. The plotter has not to turn on and you have to ear a “BIP”. Now the Temp is set to high step

To set to the LOW step:

Turn off the plotter by control panel button;
    Press together “HEAD CLEANING”+”CURSOR DOWN”+”POWER ON
    BUTTON” for a little while and release immediately all 3 buttons. The plotter has not to turn on and you have to ear a “BIP”. Now the Temp is set to low step.

I also have the ribbon saver switched off as I found that snapped ribbons in white space with all the stop/ starting.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

Thanks Alex

I will give these settings a go 🙂 I hope your problem gets sorted also Jeremy with these setting, I did not know about these.

All the best
    Paul

• Alex Pirozek

March 12, 2010 at 9:12 am

Hopefully he won’t mind me saying on here, but the information is credit to Alberto Saraggiotto of Giotto inks in Italy. He’s very helpful and if you require more info then I’m sure he’ll be able to help.

Alex.

• Jeremy Howes

March 12, 2010 at 11:39 am

Thanks to all for the advice, tips and tricks.

Best regards
    Jeremy

• Alex Pirozek

March 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Going back to the refill question can anyone recommend or know if the Roland White refill is still available to buy. I have the after market refills but i don’t get good results at all with them, The only ones i haven’t tried are the genuine Roland ones.

Alex.

• Fabrice Menard

March 3, 2011 at 11:42 am
    quote Alex Pirozek:

Going back to the refill question can anyone recommend or know if the Roland White refill is still available to buy. I have the after market refills but i don’t get good results at all with them, The only ones i haven’t tried are the genuine Roland ones.

Alex.

I have tried various types of white inks for my PC600 and I have to say that the one I prefer best (far away from other) is the one from Roland although it is much more expensive. My dealer in France still has some.