• Cleaning VS 540

Posted by NeilFox on November 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I had my new VS 540 installed about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday the Roland tech that did the install called by to see how the machine was doing. We decided to clean the machine as I have put through about 150 to 200 meters through it. When the print head came across to the inspection area to the left of the printer, neither of us could believe how clean it was. there was no ink residue on the edge of the print head. In fact, if did not know better, I would have said the printer had never been used, the head was so clean.

Roland state that there is little to no maintenance on this machine. From what I have seen so far, the hype is in fact true.

I am very pleased with the machine, it is fast, clean and the quality is perfect.

This is my second Roland printer, the first one (SP540V) gave me 6 years of trouble free service. I am glad I went for the VS 540, it has already surpassed my high expectations.

Neil

NeilFox replied 13 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Nigel Pugh

November 17, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Out of interest Neil, what ink configuration did you go for ?

• NeilFox

November 17, 2010 at 10:04 pm

I have a CMYKCMYK.

I did that because I wanted the speed. Yesterday, I printed 3 x 6 meter x 1.2 meter banners. Each one took 19 minutes to print.

• Nigel Pugh

November 17, 2010 at 11:08 pm

When you go for the 4×4 or six colour ink config then you do have a fast print and cut machine, glad to hear you are enjoying your new toy.

• Shaun Cleary

November 18, 2010 at 1:33 pm

What speed was this? (Billboard)

• NeilFox

November 18, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I ran it through at Generic Banner 1 / Billboard.

It works out at about 23 sqm per hour. That works out at 247.5 sq ft.

For the first time I have been able to match the figures the manufacturers state in their sales materials.

• Shaun Cleary

November 25, 2010 at 11:22 am

Does anyone know the figures for the speed of a VP540i at the above setting.

• NeilFox

November 25, 2010 at 4:43 pm

The Roland figures put the maximum speed for the VP540 at 13.8 sqm per hour, which is 149 sq ft per hour.