Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers CJV30-130 Printing Short – help needed, please?

• CJV30-130 Printing Short – help needed, please?

Posted by David Ian on May 14, 2015 at 9:10 am

Hello Guys, I use a CJV30-130 & recently a lot of large prints I have done have been short of what I have created, for e.g. an 8′ x 4′ I normally put half an inch around each side & never had a problem at all & always was correct, but now when it is printed it’s just short of 8′ wide, even with my bleed, the depth is the correct size, so am not 100% sure why it’s doing this, but there is nothing wrong with the print at all either, it’s not jumped, no head crashes, no ghosting, settings have not been altered so any help will do 🙂

I’ve done the media compensation & everything seems fine as well.

Thanks guys 🙂
    Dave.

Simon Coff replied 8 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Simon Coff

May 14, 2015 at 10:34 am

Hi Dave,

I think your Feed Compensation may be out; not enough to cause any quality issues but enough to lose half an inch over 8 feet. You might want to try increasing the value of your Feed Comp, maybe just by 5?

Other than that, I’m not sure. Unless you were using Take Up and have changed tension settings, which would link into your Feed Comp.

Hope that makes sense and may be of help. Let me know how you get on.

Simon.

• David Ian

May 14, 2015 at 11:52 am

Good thinking about the take-up roller, would of never of honestly thought about that, loosened it right off now & will give it a try after & let you know 🙂

• David Ian

May 20, 2015 at 8:27 am

Seems to have done the trick, thanks dude 🙂

• Simon Coff

May 20, 2015 at 8:37 am

No worries, glad I could help!