Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers cjv30-130 – is it an easy machine to use for a beginner!?…

• cjv30-130 – is it an easy machine to use for a beginner!?…

Posted by Tim Murfin on October 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Hi all

We are looking at getting our first large format machine and this is currently top of the list. Are Mimaki machines easy to use for beginners? What pitfalls should we be looking out for?

To start with we are looking at doing banners, pop-ups, posters etc. And would move onto cut vinyls when we have more experience.

Ta

Fabrice Menard replied 11 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

November 15, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Hi Tim.

It all depends on the training really. If you’re shown how to use it on initial install and you take on board what’s being said to you, they’re not a difficult machine to use. Like anything, it’s often easier to get the hang of a new machine when you’re first starting out than it is to learn one when your head is already full of a different one.

A lot of it depends on what RIP you’re running too. Mimaki’s come with Rasterlink and Finecut as standard. Raterlink is very easy to use I am told and is just a cut down version of Wasatch. Finecut is a plugin for either Illustrator or Corel Draw and is a doddle to use.

Stafford

• Fabrice Menard

November 20, 2012 at 9:41 am

I began digital printing with a CJV30. I was completely new to printing and I did not find any difficulties at all to use the delivered package (printer, raster link, finecut) thanks to the 5h training by the installer.

Without training I would have been completely lost so do not hesitate to spend a little more on a training at the beginning.

Do not forget to make the regular cleanings and to use the printer at least every 2 days.

It prints really great, even for photographics where the quality is demanded.

Do not look at the white ink setup unless you have the jobs for everyday printing whit white (which is not opaque).