Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink cj 500 no ink flow

• cj 500 no ink flow

Posted by Andrew Mah on February 7, 2010 at 3:10 am

Hi
    I have just converted my Roland cj 500 to sol inks , so i changed the heads, did the head rank on the print heads changed the pump and capping station, all was fine power cleaned the new ink through got it through the lines into the capping station so i know its coming through the heads but when it comes to printing there is nothing no ink what so ever.
    Can anyone help
    Thanks

Lyle Knittig replied 14 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Lyle Knittig

February 8, 2010 at 5:30 pm

First, is there nothing on either print head? Not even a few lines?

Assuming that you had the power unplugged when replacing heads etc. that should not be the issue. Was power unplugged?

Can you draw from the capping station with a syringe and get ink through each head? Any air leak will stop you from getting ink into the syringe.
    Dampers should be about half full. Don’t just do cleanings to get the ink into the head but actually use a syringe to draw ink.

I know it took about 6 or more reg. cleanings to get the heads to start to print for me and a few more to print perfect. This was after getting ink into the heads with a syringe. The first test prints were blank and gradually filled but it did take quite a few cleaning. Don’t do powerfull cleanings as that will just waste the ink by clearing all the ink in the lines.

Just a side note. Do you have heat plates made or installed to pre and post heat the media?