Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters CE5000-40A aka Craft Robo Pro

• CE5000-40A aka Craft Robo Pro

Posted by Alex V on November 4, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at adding vinyl in house to our existing small sign business, after initially reading up on the Chinese cutters and deciding that wasn’t the direction I wanted to go in i’ve now come across the CE5000-40A and it seems to share the same spec as the rest of the 5000 series (Magic Touch seem to rate the 5000’s) and after a little discussion one of our suppliers has offered us an ex demo unit with minimal use well below RRP. I’d obviously prefer to get a Roland GX24 but for the volume of business we’ll be doing on this i’m quite tempted as it should pay back pretty quickly.

Anything else I should consider before going ahead ?

Thanks 🙂

Mark Jahn replied 15 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Shane Drew

November 4, 2008 at 8:16 pm

Hi Alex,

My wife has a Craft Robo. Not sure what a ‘pro’ version is, my wife’s is a craft robo II. Strictly a scrapbooking machine I’d reckon.

Very slow, although it is amazing for its size.

I’d be looking at a good secondhand ‘real’ cutter if you can’t afford a new one. Buy from a dealer with warranty, and you should do Ok.

• Mark Jahn

November 5, 2008 at 11:18 am

I think the 5000-40 is the baby brother of the 5000-60 but with a 400mm cutting width rather than 600mm. Same servo motor, same looking control panel. Only differences I can see from a glance is the absence of a stand and the cutting width.