Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters CE1000-60 not responding to poll size. please help

• CE1000-60 not responding to poll size. please help

Posted by Myles Brewer on July 19, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Hi All,

Just back from a week off & found that my plotter will not respond to poll size.

It is communicating with computer OK as it is receiving data & will cut, but it just wont poll size.

no settings have changed & has worked perfectly for the last 7 years.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Myles

😥

Myles Brewer replied 13 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Chris Wool

July 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm

obviously the computer wanted two weeks off 😀

to poll it has to be usb or serial and possibly the handshaking has altered.

• Myles Brewer

July 19, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Hi Chris,

Yes I agree with the computer actually, Think I might take another one 😀

The plotter is on serial port & no change to handshake as far as I can tell its still set to Hardware in the cut/plot properties. Also surely if it were the handshake then it wouldn’t cut would it?

Have tried switching everything off & restarting & unplugged all as well, but still no joy.

I can set the material size manually but obviously that’s not very accurate.

Myles

• Chris Wool

July 19, 2010 at 3:48 pm

it would probably cut but go haywire when the buffer filled up.
    hardware should be good.

presume that the plotter is on and setup completed.
    can the poll be turned off in the plotter menu.
    else i am out of ideas.

• Myles Brewer

July 19, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Yes plotter on & ready, all perfectly as it should be, just get "Cutter not responding to poll size" error message on computer when I hit the poll size button.

• Peter Normington

July 19, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Myles,
    have you unplugged and reconnected the serial cable?

Worth a try

Peter

• Myles Brewer

July 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Hi peter,

Yep, first thing I tried

Myles

• Peter Normington

July 19, 2010 at 5:07 pm

All I can sugest is to re-install the drivers, what program are you cutting from?

Peter

• Myles Brewer

July 19, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Flexi Pro 7

• Peter Normington

July 19, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Miles I dont know anything about flexi, but I had a similar problem with signlab some time ago, just removed the cutter from the program and reinstalled, only takes a few seconds, have you tried to reinstall the cutter?

Peter

• Neil Davey

July 19, 2010 at 8:12 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

Miles I dont know anything about flexi, but I had a similar problem with signlab some time ago, just removed the cutter from the program and reinstalled, only takes a few seconds, have you tried to reinstall the cutter?

Peter

This usually works Myles, I use Flexi 8.5. Reinstall as Peter says.

• Frank Droog

July 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm

If you can send cut data to the cutter but not recieve data from it, i would suspect the cable or either com port for bent pins. The recieve data pin may be bent or broken.

Possibly the cutter is set for GPGL and you are using an HPGL driver.
    It will not respond if its in the wrong language.

• Myles Brewer

July 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Hi Frank,

I have checked all the pins & the cable & all appears in perfect order. The language could not suddenly change & has been working perfectly up until now, so it can’t be that.

I don’t have a spare cable to do a check with, is there any other way of testing to see if it is the cable? or is there any way of testing the plotter to see if is trying to send the data?

Myles

• Myles Brewer

July 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm
    quote Neil Davey:

quote Peter Normington:

Peter

This usually works Myles, I use Flexi 8.5. Reinstall as Peter says.

Hi Neil /Peter,

How do I go about doing that

Myles

• Neil Davey

July 21, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Have you got the original disks?

Before you do this have you tried ‘Clearing the Applications Preferences?

Pop them in and install.

• Myles Brewer

July 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all your advice.

Having gone through everything bar re installing the driver, I was looking into doing that & found some info which suggested installing the driver by going into printers & faxes in the control panel & right clicking, add printer, & installing it like that.

On opening printers & faxes I noticed that when I had recently installed TAS accounting software (forgotten I’d even done that .. Sure I’m getting alzheimers!! 😕 ) It had installed a TAS PDF printer there & low & behold, when I checked properties, I found it had installed it on port COM1, same as the plotter, which was evidently blocking the plotter from sending data back to the computer. changed the port for the printer & hey presto, problem sorted.

So thanks again for everyone’s tuppence worth.

Now, where’s me medication nurse? 😳

Myles