Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Gallery Car Styling / Wrapping – Fiat 500

• Car Styling / Wrapping – Fiat 500

Posted by Jason Price on July 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm

the mrs kindly allowed me to use her car as a promo vehicle, jolly nice i thought, things to do on a sunday . . . . . .

Attachments:

Robert Lambie replied 12 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Glen Mathers

July 11, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Very nice, nice job done there mate.

• Matt Goodwin

July 11, 2011 at 7:26 pm

No Offence, but I think it looks as tacky as the car is….

• Nigel Pugh

July 11, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I like the design, would have liked the black to gone to a fade as it got lower down towards the white as a printed job, but for vinyl only looks nice.

Nigel

• Jason Price

July 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm
    quote Matt Goodwin:

none taken! all in my stride pal

• Jason Price

July 11, 2011 at 7:53 pm
    quote Glen Mathers:

Very nice, nice job done there mate.

cheers Glen, got quite a lot of interest from it already, which was the idea

j

• Martin Pearson

July 12, 2011 at 12:32 am

Not my cup of tea, I don’t think the design really fits the car BUT as any design is down to opinion it doesn’t really matter what I think and if it is attracting interest and generates work for you that’s all that really matters. It looks well fitted from the pictures.
    What materials did you use, the top half looks to be matt black but not 100% sure as the roof looks to be a bit glossy, maybe its just my dodgy eyesight.

• Robert Lambie

July 12, 2011 at 1:08 am
    quote Matt Goodwin:

maybe a bit of constructive criticism would have been too much to ask Matt? (yawn)

Definitely a bit of a women’s car that one mate, but I actually like what you have done with it Jason. The matt wrap roof looks well finished from what i can see in the pictures and i like the use of black gloss creeping from the cream onto the matt. i think the scrolls etc are all in keeping with the type of car and and overall look.
    It’s no wonder you are getting attention from it. i know i say it allot, but i think there is as much money in this line of wrapping and personal car styling than the average wrap work going around. people are willing to pay to have that something different from the norm on the roads… with the intro to special effects film sand textures now available there is no end to what can be done.

I was at Rolands place early last year i think it was…. being shown the new UV vinyl printer. they had printed some samples off for us to see and one thing they shown was a box with "clear" embossed uv graphics. i remember back then thinking it would be nice done as a matt wrap with clear glos graphics applied over. never did get round to doing it but saw something similar since, and now this one…

well done and thank you for taking the time to load your work mate.

• Jason Price

July 12, 2011 at 8:05 am

hi all

cheers rob, nice comments, and definitely a ladies number that one! i may not be popping down the shops in that when the 72 Beetle wont start! lmao! (mind you, that is just as bad!)

i used avery 700 matt black and gloss, i thought there would be enough difference between the finishes to notice, also, makes people look just that little bit longer.

i have spent a long time (as some of you may know) working in the motorsports industry and was always getting asked how much it would cost to get their car to look the same as the race cars, i work closely with Aston and Mazda UK in coming up with kits for people to buy and have fitted based on the race liveries, personalising your own car seems to be flavour of the month at the moment, and the fiat has generated interest in it. I will say the profit margins are less and the clients are ultimately harder to please, but it keeps you on your toes!!

jas

😀 😀

• Jason Price

July 12, 2011 at 8:09 am
    quote Martin:

Not my cup of tea, I don’t think the design really fits the car BUT as any design is down to opinion it doesn’t really matter what I think and if it is attracting interest and generates work for you that’s all that really matters. It looks well fitted from the pictures.
    What materials did you use, the top half looks to be matt black but not 100% sure as the roof looks to be a bit glossy, maybe its just my dodgy eyesight.

See, proper criticism!! which is what we need, as a designer it keeps your creative flow in perspective!
    The matt looks a bit wet on the roof as the ol late evening dew was coming down, so your eyes are all good Martin!

j

• Robert Lambie

July 12, 2011 at 11:00 am
    quote Jason Price:

quote Martin:

See, proper criticism!! which is what we need, as a designer it keeps your creative flow in perspective!
    The matt looks a bit wet on the roof as the ol late evening dew was coming down, so your eyes are all good Martin!

j

i spotted it too, however, i thought i was looking at some scrolls in gloss black on the roof playing eye trickery with the camera!
    well spotted indeed martin! :lol1: