Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Cant cut through 150 micron vinyl

• Cant cut through 150 micron vinyl

Posted by Paul.Gadsdon on January 22, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Hi

Getting over some of the issues that I originally had and I am now getting better print results. Anyway I brought 50 Meters of APSDS3007 150 micron vinyl. 😳

Besides the fact that All Print Supplies profiles for this media didnt have a HQ setting and their technical staff had never heard of RIPC profiles? I cannot cut through the vinyl and backing to do a perf cut. Well I can can just! if I set versaworks to 300G of force (max)

And at that force the end result isnt so good!

Brand new blade (cheap ebay carp), the finished result feels great and the extra thickness really feels good, its just that I have 50m of media I cant really use now as I could do with another 50g of cutting force

Dont suppose APS will take back 49m of vinyl 🙄

On another note does anyone know where I can purchase a Roland Versacamm VP300 sheet cutting blade?

Paul.Gadsdon replied 10 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Vic Adair

January 22, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Hi Paul, have you tried going over it with a number of passes?

• Vic Adair

January 22, 2014 at 12:51 pm

….you can also set a deeper cut by adjusting the blade in the blade holder

• Paul.Gadsdon

January 22, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Yes forgot about the deeper blade cut by adjusting the blade its itself

Will give it a go, but how does one do a second pass on the cutting only, sorry not sitting with Versaworks in front of me at the moment

Cheers

• Vic Adair

January 22, 2014 at 2:00 pm

In your Cut program, when you send a job over to the Cut Manager, there should be an Option (in Cut Manager) to add more passes.

If not, the other way would be to cut the graphic and when it finishes cutting the blade should come back to the start again. Just send it to cut again.

Slow the speed down as sometimes fast speeds can run off slightly.

• paul beedham

January 24, 2014 at 6:19 pm

allprint do a blade for cutting thick vinyl but its not cheap they did tell me the name of and and the price but can not remember off the top my head thick its over£ 100

• Andrew Blackett

January 24, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Try bumping the heaters right up and this softens the vinyl more so it’s a bit easier to cut. Thanks to Harry the blade from Edward Matthias for this little gem. We were struggling to cut some motocross laminate and this saved the day.

Andy

• Stuart Wilson

January 27, 2014 at 8:14 pm
    quote Paul.Gadsdon:

Hi

Getting over some of the issues that I originally had and I am now getting better print results. Anyway I brought 50 Meters of APSDS3007 150 micron vinyl. 😳

Besides the fact that All Print Supplies profiles for this media didnt have a HQ setting and their technical staff had never heard of RIPC profiles? I cannot cut through the vinyl and backing to do a perf cut. Well I can can just! if I set versaworks to 300G of force (max)

And at that force the end result isnt so good!

Brand new blade (cheap ebay carp), the finished result feels great and the extra thickness really feels good, its just that I have 50m of media I cant really use now as I could do with another 50g of cutting force

Dont suppose APS will take back 49m of vinyl 🙄

On another note does anyone know where I can purchase a Roland Versacamm VP300 sheet cutting blade?

Paul was it the gloss or the textured finish you were using ? I had some samples arrive today of both and was impressed but now I’m a bit concered if you’ve had cutting issues.

Was it just the perf cut that was the problem or was the contour cut an issue too ?

Thanks

Stuart

• Paul.Gadsdon

March 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Sorry very late in reply, its was the gloss and it was the perf cut

paul