Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Cannon W8400 ink not drying

• Cannon W8400 ink not drying

Posted by Warren Beard on August 28, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Hi All

For some strange reason the inks don’t dry as quickly as they used to, I have been using the same profile and now the ink is still wet when the media touches the bottom of the basket and so it smudges. I recently changed two inks but think think that could be the reason, I am thinking because it might be a bit cooler now then before 😕

Any ideas?

cheers

Warren

David West replied 15 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Wool

August 28, 2008 at 4:26 pm

used to a common problem of pigmented inks on to dye only paper, have you changed paper type? double check the ink you have just fitted

chris

• Warren Beard

August 28, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Hi Chris

Ink is all correct (just double checked 😉 ) the paper does not state if it is a dye or pigment paper, it is media I got with the printer when I bought it so I have no idea but that could be a possibility and will have to try find out.

Cheers

Warren

• Chris Wool

August 28, 2008 at 4:41 pm

or if its a new problem have you left on the overprint.

pigmented paper is sometimes called universal, but have not got a clue what the cannon uses

chris

• David West

September 9, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Hi Chris
    I had this problem with a canvas type i used, It just wouldn’t dry at all, changing the media sorted it out ( waisted a few bob on the canvas too)