Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions CNC Router and Engraving can the ar600 cnc router with artpath run on xp?

• can the ar600 cnc router with artpath run on xp?

Posted by Andrew Marshall on September 7, 2005 at 8:22 am

Hi everyone, after some help if anyone can. We are currently using AR600 CNC Router with Artpath as the software. Our system is on Windows 98 but we want to upgrade to XP, does anyone know if Artpath can run on this system or if there are any issues.

cheers

Marshy

David Rowland replied 18 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • David Rowland

September 7, 2005 at 8:39 am

Artpath (if the same one as Gerber Advantage 6.2) with composer etc., this can only run on Windows 95/98/NT.

Gerber Omega is the upgrade route for XP I am afriad, unless someone else says differently.

The CD’s refuse to install on an XP system, I have tried.

Just another note, most routers I come across work on G-code or HPGL, in other words you are not stuck with Artpath and you may want to consider other router controller software….

What program do you design your day-to-day work with? Corel/Signlab etc?

• RodHill

February 27, 2006 at 2:50 pm

I know this is a bit of a late reply (i was looking for posts to do with the AR600 as we have just bought a second hand one) – try searching google for a ‘sentinal driver’ we got graphics advantage 6.2 working on Windows 2000 & XP pro. You need to install this before installing the software – its fairly stable and works well. sorry can’t find the link at the moment for the drivers although if you have no luck searching – phone Spandex who may be able to help !?!??

any advice on the AR600 would be welcome.

cheers

• David Rowland

February 27, 2006 at 3:28 pm

hm.. thanks rodhill.. may get the CDs out and try again