Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions Signlab Software can anyone tell me if windows 2000 will work with signlab?

• Andy Gorman

February 17, 2005 at 10:42 am

Works with mine.

• Brian Little

February 17, 2005 at 10:46 am

thats great big g thats all i wanted to know ……windows 98 is falling apart with me …and i didnt really want to go to the expensce of buying new signlab version for xp . i personally like 4.95 …its simple ..just like me

Regards Brian

• Brian Hays

February 17, 2005 at 11:02 am

Would be a bit careful Brian. We have known some people have problems with Windows 2000 & Signlab 4.95…

For some it’s ok though. Bit odd really 😕

• Brian Little

February 17, 2005 at 11:09 am

mm thanks brian ….whats the cost of the newest version …the one that works with xp..(signlab 7 ) bearing in mind ive only got a cutter dont want to upgrade unless i really have to

regards brian 😀 :

• Alan Drury

February 17, 2005 at 12:20 pm

You will notice a huge improvement with V7 over 4.95 especially if you use shadows and outlines and want to run multi instances. I only use Signlab for vinyl cutting and I wouldn’t go back to 4.95
    Alan

• Brian Hays

February 17, 2005 at 1:10 pm

It’s not cheap I am afraid Brian.

£450+vat.

As brushman says though here is a huge difference between the two.

• Brian Little

February 17, 2005 at 1:32 pm

thanks lads …i dont think thats that bad …i thought it would be a lot more . well it might be just as well splashing out for xp while im at it .Alan what can it do that 4.95 can t

Regards Brian

• Alan Drury

February 17, 2005 at 6:33 pm

Shadowing and outline are far far easier, replay – enabling a shape property to be transfereed to another ie shadow setting, welding a script letter and then being able to alter spelling and the result still welded and shadowed or whatever, being able to put specific icons on your worspace, improved? cutting interface. (you will need to get used to this one). Those are the things which spring to mind but there are many more and that doesn’t include improved import filters. Works well with Corel as well. I’ve been satisfied with it and if you go to XP at some point then this is the way to go.
    Alan

• Brian Little

February 17, 2005 at 7:03 pm

cheers Alan i appreciate it i use cadlink

regards brianl

• John Singh

February 17, 2005 at 11:05 pm

I’m intrigued Alan

You say that the script is still ‘text editable’ after welding (and with shadows intact!)

Is this right? Has it not changed into a vector graphic (outline) with editable nodes?

John

• Nicola McIntosh

February 17, 2005 at 11:16 pm
    quote signs elite:

windows 98 is falling apart with me

brian looks to me that your pc needs wiped then re-loaded, then signlab will work a dream…. (back to what it used to do) 😉 if it’s only cutting your doing why fork out the extra expense!! 😛

Nik

• Brian Little

February 18, 2005 at 12:15 am

yeh nik i agree …thanks

• Brian Hays

February 18, 2005 at 8:58 am

John it works differently than previous versions of signlab. It retains the font information. So if you do a shadow, outline, etc then find you have made a speling mistake or you want to change the typeface you can do. It will then apply the outlines etc without you needing to start from scratch. Also when you are doing an outline, shadow or transformation you see what is happening on screen. So no more dragging a box a clicking the apply or ok & hoping things turn out right.

• Brian Hays

February 18, 2005 at 9:02 am

…you can download a demo version here…….

http://www.signlab.ca/sl_trial_demo.php

• Alan Drury

February 18, 2005 at 9:13 am

Brian has summed it up, I would add that it isn’t perfect as a duplicate won’t retain this information and sometimes resizing may corrupt it. I’m rather hoping that Cadlink can get this right eventually as this would then be a MAJOR improvement rather than a good one. Signlab could do with a clone tools as well. Don’t misunderstand me the replay function is good because you can always drag a shadow or outline etc onto another object and it will take it up.