Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions PCUT Vinyl Cutters can anyone tell me if vista works with pcut630 please?

• can anyone tell me if vista works with pcut630 please?

Posted by anthony lee on January 20, 2008 at 10:52 pm

hey all, after searching this forum.. i found many useful posts and threads on how to install the USB pcut 630.

I have a 32bit vista pc…

i just bought a creation pcut 630 – after a few weeks of play with my graftech cc200-20 i wanted to upgrade to a slightly bigger cutter..

ive spent 2 full days trying to install it without success, ive just signblazer elements and am awaiting the registration code.

Ive followed the thread on how to install the drivers, in which i have set up the settings recommended, ive also switched so i am using COM 1.

When i switch the cutter on i just see blocks of black dots on the lcd display, even when i have installed the drivers correctly, which also display on the pc that they are fully installed.. when i press online the cutter still does not change from the black dots..

could this be because of vista, as most ppl i see on here are using there pcut with xp…

any1 with any tips/advice on how to get this tank of a thing working :lol1:

thanks guys

PS guys im a complete newbie…so bare with me 🙂 and i plan to use my cutter for mainly garment vinyl.

Alistair Richards replied 15 years, 8 months ago 10 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

January 20, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Hi
    don’t have knowledge of your cutter but i would say seeing just black dots is a cutter fault. Most cutters will display a menu, online offline wording etc when switched on. Does the cutter initialize when switched on as in measure the vinyl loaded?

kev

• anthony lee

January 20, 2008 at 11:05 pm

hi no it stays with black dots,
    i spoke to the previous owner just now and she said that when i press online, the menus should come up as long as it is connected to the pc/installed.. shes running off xp..

any1 with this cutter and vista?

thanks

• John Davis IOM

January 21, 2008 at 9:14 am

Hi,

With the Pcut diconnected from the pc what happens when you switch it on?

It should still run through its checks, I think it says pcut 630, then software version and then it should come up "on line".

If it does not it would suggest the plotter is at fault.

John.

• anthony lee

January 21, 2008 at 9:49 am

hi without the pcut connected it stays with black dots, o dear.. looks like im gonna have to get a refund.. such a hassle as delivery was a bomb!

any1 else confirm this before i send it back?

thanks
    ant

• John Davis IOM

January 21, 2008 at 9:59 am

The only other thing I can think of to to check is that the head of the cutter is not up against one of the red stops at each end of the carriage.

• anthony lee

January 21, 2008 at 10:13 am

this is how the head looks[/list]

• anthony lee

January 21, 2008 at 10:15 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

i just moved the head out and now it boots up!!!

(hot)

thanks john life saver! im gonna try it later and see how i get on!!!

thanks a bunch guys!!

• John Davis IOM

January 21, 2008 at 10:17 am

Try moving the head to the left whilst the machine is turned off. Then see what happens when you switch it on….

Didn’t see your other post… Glad to be able to help!!! :lol1:

• anthony lee

January 23, 2008 at 1:46 pm

hi guys, ok ive made a little progress, ive done the test cut.. and it cut fine.. and ive installed it as when i plu it in – on device manager it comes up as usb serial convertor – com2

now when i have something to be cut in sbe, setup the cutter as shown below

then i press cut tile

then the cut master pops up with the job however nothing happens???
    [img=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/746/sbe4pd6.th.jpg]

any one any ideas?

thanks guys

• Angelique Muller

January 23, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I would suggest you check the Signblazer forum (don’t know exact address, but you will find it easily trough Google). It explains the set-up well (there is something about the port you have to select in both the initial set-up and when you are cutting).
    I remember I had some initial problems… but they are very help full there in sorting your problem…..

• anthony lee

February 2, 2008 at 2:14 pm

hi guys, i went over to sbe forum, did what they asked, played with config settings.. still no luck….. hmmm looks like im gonna have to sell it 🙁

• Angelique Muller

February 2, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Would you not contact your supplier first and see if they can sort out the problem?

• anthony lee

February 2, 2008 at 2:52 pm

i bought it 2nd hand from ebay.. i think they bought it from signwizard, i shall drop them an email however i reckon they will be reluctant to help a 2nd buyer.

ant

• anthony lee

February 7, 2008 at 6:07 pm

hi is any1 able to help me, located in leicester – i am willing to pay money fr some to help me set this up on my vista pc.

regards

• Martin Pearson

February 7, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Have you tried running it from a different PC, it may well be that there are no drivers available for it under Vista so you would need to run from XP like the previous owner.

• anthony lee

February 7, 2008 at 7:23 pm

hi no i havent, i dont have access to an xp machine, however ive read a few people running the pcut 630 on the vista with success, so i must be doing something wrong?

• Martin Pearson

February 7, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Have you tried visiting the Creation website and downloading the latest drivers for the plotter?

• anthony lee

February 7, 2008 at 7:34 pm

ive just been on http://pcut-cn.com/edownload/download.php

i cant really see any vista drivers, ive also tried signwizards usb driver without success

• Steve Sandy

February 7, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Hi Anthony,

How long is your usb lead, I had the same problems a while ago and I had mine on the extension lead, Karl on here suggested using the smaller lead and it started working fine and have had no problems since.

Steve

• anthony lee

February 8, 2008 at 3:44 pm

hey steve thanks for the tip il try find one and test it out

thanks

• anthony lee

February 19, 2008 at 6:56 pm

AOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW(hot) (:) 😛 :lol1: 😎 😀 🙂 😮

IVE GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS GUYS YOUVE BEEN GREAT

AAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOT SURE WHAT IT WAS, BUT IT JUST CUT !!!!!

BACK IN BUSINESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

OK TIME TO GET RID OF MY STUDENT OVERDRAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hot)

• James40

August 3, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Hi Anthony, . I’ve had mine since March and I’ve had no end of problems have you solved all yours?

cheers

mod-edit

• Tracey Vaughan

August 12, 2008 at 7:28 pm

hi i have had exactly the same problem, bought a cutter the same as you one off ebay, with same prob when lucky enough to get it to start, i cant get to cut.
    i now this sounds daft but i am having to turn off and leave for a while ,then it starts lesson to us all don’t buy of ebay or someone could make a fortune making a installation cd for us on basics of cutters and how to set up idea there somewhere !!!
    if i can get mine going will gladly pass on info.

• John Thomson

August 12, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Tracy,

I am sure there is a thread on here where people have posted the setup settings?

John

• Alistair Richards

August 13, 2008 at 4:02 pm

In Sign Blazer, try changing the cutter settings so that it cut direct instead of through cutting master.