Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Can anyone recommend a printable garment film for my HP 330 Latex?

• Can anyone recommend a printable garment film for my HP 330 Latex?

Posted by Darren Summers on September 8, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Hi All,

Having a little bit of trouble finding the right material. We have some hi vis waist coats that require some printed logos on them. We were using an Eco Solvent machine to do this but have recently changed to a latex machine (a HP 330) and now the garment film won’t lift when transfer film is applied – when we peel the transfer film back, the print remains stuck to the backing.

I’d asked the supplier for a print profile but after 3 weeks – didn’t really get anywhere.

So, could someone recommend a film / transfer tape combination that you have used successfully on a HP 330 latex please?

Many thanks.

Hugh Potter replied 7 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Hugh Potter

September 8, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Hi Darren,
    I have a latex and haven’t tried textile films as I was led to believe they weren’t too long lasting.. if you do a lot of hi-vis it may be worth considering a cheap A4 ricoh subli printer, the colours will be a little overpowered by the yellow but I’ve never had a customer moan about it!

• Darren Summers

September 8, 2016 at 3:51 pm

[quote="Hugh Potter"]Hi Darren,
    I have a latex and haven’t tried textile films as I was led to believe they weren’t too long lasting.. if you do a lot of hi-vis it may be worth considering a cheap A4 ricoh subli printer, the colours will be a little overpowered by the yellow but I’ve never had a customer moan about it![/quote]

Hi Hugh,

I hear ya. The trouble is, a lot of the logo’s we do are coloured logos which is no good with a sub printer.

Customers tend to go through Hi Vis like no tomorrow so not overly worried about the prints last ing ages (although i hadn’t heard that myself – we’d done loads of printed garment film jobs with our eco solvent machine)

• Iain George

September 8, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I think it is the garment films that don’t work with latex inks but are fine with the solvent ones.

• Hugh Potter

September 8, 2016 at 4:38 pm
    quote Darren.Summers:

quote Hugh Potter:

Hi Darren,
    I have a latex and haven’t tried textile films as I was led to believe they weren’t too long lasting.. if you do a lot of hi-vis it may be worth considering a cheap A4 ricoh subli printer, the colours will be a little overpowered by the yellow but I’ve never had a customer moan about it!

Hi Hugh,

I hear ya. The trouble is, a lot of the logo’s we do are coloured logos which is no good with a sub printer.

Customers tend to go through Hi Vis like no tomorrow so not overly worried about the prints last ing ages (although i hadn’t heard that myself – we’d done loads of printed garment film jobs with our eco solvent machine)

Hi Darren,

I think (as Iain says) it’s the inks not lasting too well on garment films rather than films themselves.. if you find a latex specific garment film that works well, I’d be keen to know what it is!

Hugh

• Andrew Weaver

September 11, 2016 at 8:22 am

Hi Darren,
    Just incase …. have you tried using normal paper app tape that you would use for vinyls lettering ?
    I use that when doing logos on nylon k-way stuff.
    Although I don’t have latex machines… !!
    Still worth a try.
    Another option if the logos are going on white garments could be to try the transparent flex where you print on the glue side and don’t use app tape !!
    I know Hexis and Digiprint do this type of product and I am almost sure others will do too !!
    If you find a way would love to know for the future 🙂
    Good Luck
    Andrew

• Darren Summers

September 15, 2016 at 8:13 am

Hi all,

I did find a Latex compatible film. It’s called Stahl’s Digital Colour Sports Film and is sold by All Print Supplies. Here’s a link to the All Print product page for more info:
    http://www.allprint.co.uk/stahls-cad-co … inting.htm
    (Sorry – the link styling failed for some reason)

I can report that the material prints very well on our HP330 Latex. It also cuts well and the application tape (also a Stahl’s product) works very well too.
    10/10 from us.

• Hugh Potter

September 15, 2016 at 8:25 am
    quote Darren.Summers:

Hi all,

I did find a Latex compatible film. It’s called Stahl’s Digital Colour Sports Film and is sold by All Print Supplies. Here’s a link to the All Print product page for more info:
    http://www.allprint.co.uk/stahls-cad-co … inting.htm
    (Sorry – the link styling failed for some reason)

I can report that the material prints very well on our HP330 Latex. It also cuts well and the application tape (also a Stahl’s product) works very well too.
    10/10 from us.

Thats great to know Darren, I’d be interested to hear how the prints last longer term.. Please do update in due course 🙂

Hugh