Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers can anyone offer some advise with insuring JV3 160?

• can anyone offer some advise with insuring JV3 160?

Posted by simon gregory on April 2, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Hi all, we’re looking at getting our JV3 insured. Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks.

simon gregory replied 17 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • John Childs

April 2, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Insured against what?

For normal risks, like fire, theft etc, our printer is included in our main policy, which covers all our plant and machinery.

If you are looking for breakdown/maintenance type of thing then your first step would be the supplier.

• simon gregory

April 2, 2007 at 3:45 pm

John.

We have been doing our homework into this and feel it would be better to get the machine insured rather then a maintenance contract so anything goes (print heads etc) we get it fixed then claim it back, i was told it works out approx £280.00 a year,

Just wondered if anyone on here has it and if anyone knew a company for it

• Karl Williams

April 2, 2007 at 9:15 pm

My insurance company will insure our Jv3 against accidental damage, but not items that break down. Not heard of that one.

• Chris Wool

April 2, 2007 at 9:38 pm

my previous ins co offered brakedown ins but only if it was on a maintenance contract defeated the object really. notice i said previous company

chris

• David Rowland

April 2, 2007 at 11:18 pm

yes, we have heard of someone successfully doing something like this and claiming the expenses of the printer supplier, my colleague went into it but we never did insure it. Although beyond my comprehension

• simon gregory

April 3, 2007 at 8:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for the response. someonw who was trying to sell us third party inks said he knew of lots of people who did it, but on phoning around we was told we could only get it for damage and not breakdown, i think ill have to get the cover 😮

thanks for your help