Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers can anyone help with VP540 printer not connecting?

• can anyone help with VP540 printer not connecting?

Posted by Martin Cole on September 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm

All working fine yesterday, just gone to start printing and Versaworks showing printer is not connected… whats that all about!

checked as much as I can….., I’m no techy so am totally lost as to what it can be?

Any help very welcome

Neil Fox replied 13 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • David Rogers

September 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Printer has probably lost / changed its IP address.

happens occasionally with my 540.

You should have a printer utility to detect it and reassign an IP into Versaworks if it’s anything like Wasatch.

• Martin Cole

September 12, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave,

Checked that and the printer IP is the same as the IP in Versaworks, that should be the case I take it?

• Kevin Flowers

September 12, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Martin
    shut it all down & restart, have had this with the Roland Pro 2 normally clears on restarting. Are you running more that one computer on the network, Internet etc

Kev

• Martin Cole

September 12, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hi Kev,

tried restarting it all a few times to no avail 🙁 Only the one pc connected and I don’t have that pc on line either.

Martin

• Neil Fox

September 13, 2010 at 11:31 am

Martin,

Is the PC connected directly to the printer or are you connected both the PC and the Printer to a router / switch?

If connected directly, the cable needs to be a cross over cable.

In either instance, can you ping the IP address of the printer?

Command Prompt the ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. being the IP address of the printer.)

If you cannot get a reply from the printer, then you likely have a couple of things to look at if using a switch / router.

1 check the network cable. using the cable usually connected to the printer, connect the PC to the switch with it., Can you get to the Internet? No, the cable looks to be the problem.

If you can get to the Internet then:

2 reconnect the cable to the printer and the switch but use a different port on the switch, just in case there is a problem.

if no joy, then:
    it looks like there may be a problem with the setup on the printer. Make sure that the IP, subnet and gateway are correct.

Sometimes there are problems when people change Internet Service Providers. They get a new router which may have a different IP address than the ole router from the last provider.

The gateway address should be the address should be the same as the one on your PC otherwise the communications back to your computer could be lost, which may be the problem you are having.

I hope this helps.

Neil

• Martin Cole

September 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Neil, many thanks for your reply.

I went through everything until I sussed the local area connection ip didn’t match to one digit on the end. I changed that and hey presto…all is good.

Thanks for your time guys,

• Neil Fox

September 13, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Martin,

Glad its sorted.

Neil