Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink can anyone help with MIMAKI JV3 160s bulk ink issues?

• can anyone help with MIMAKI JV3 160s bulk ink issues?

Posted by vincentstokes on January 5, 2005 at 5:36 am

Hi People!, Happy New Year to you all,

Mine is not so happy at the moment 😮 !, Have a Mimaki JV3 160s around twelve months old, have had a bulk in system installed for around 6mths.
    Had various problems with the black ink not printing / feeding. Have put colour bands down the side of the print jobs to see when it starts to drop out so we can restart the job!.

Have to do a fill ink cycle before a print job but it seems that as soon as the dampers are emptied they do not refill and the black drops out again -but the print is perfect upto then. Have checked the heads – they have been replaced recently – have run out of ideas..

Has anyone else had a problem like this? If so could you please help!.

francopas replied 19 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • magpie

January 5, 2005 at 9:56 am

My only similar experiance was with the old formulation mimaki ink, apparently
    it’s a sod for clogging the filter in the print head, thus restricting flow and cutting out.
    Could the bulk ink your using be doing something akin to this?

Cheers, Pete

• francopas

January 10, 2005 at 3:51 pm

i have had a similar problem on my tiara opal (uselees thing – but that is another story) got on to my supplier and they told me the dampers needed changing. after changing 3 dampers and still the problem had not gone away i checked the black cartridge and the breather hole was blocked, so i unblocked the hole and the problem had gone away.
    i don’t know if the mimaki cartridge is similar as mine as they are refillable which is why my breather hole got blocked……
    (so much for on the telephone backup)

:lol1: